HUB 3.0 and ASUS RT-AC88u

joysleep1

HI Guys

Sorry i know this might not be the best place to ask but hoping for someone with this expertise

I am planning on on getting my virgin media package installed on 12th of this month. I plan on using my RT-AC88u router and putting the HUB in modem only mode.

So i plan to run the ethernet cable from the HUB to the router but its just not long enough for where i want the router to be situated and because it goes through a wall, its just too much hassle to replace it and get a longer one.

Would it still work if i buy an ethernet extension? So i extend the cable with another and then insert that into my router?

Would this work as if the original cable is inserted?

You would be much better off with a new longer Ethernet cable..you can get 5-10-15-20 meter ones from bamazon or flea bay
I have near same set up and run a 5 meter flat Ethernet cable under carpet from main router to a archer C7 with vpn set up on it
Works perfectly..

Its too hassle to replace the original cable. So i take it some form of an extension wont work?
Yep sure it will work no worries with correct extension..just thought longer cable easier but if you can not replace original with longer then extension will be fine mate

Yep sure it will work no worries with correct extension..just thought longer cable easier but if you can not replace original with longer then extension will be fine mate

Would you suggest a CAT 6 coupler or and actually ethernet extension?

hmm ok
thanks for that

Another quick question. I am currently with plusnet and my main IP to log into my router is 192.168.X.XXX.

Would i be able to replicate the same numbers when i move to virgin or would one be randomly assigned.

Also, is there a stepy by step guide in how to put the hub in modem mode and allow the asus router to be the main one? For plusnet i rememer i had to put my username and password into the set up but is it something similar with virgin?

hmm ok
thanks for that

Another quick question. I am currently with plusnet and my main IP to log into my router is 192.168.X.XXX.

Would i be able to replicate the same numbers when i move to virgin or would one be randomly assigned.

Also, is there a stepy by step guide in how to put the hub in modem mode and allow the asus router to be the main one? For plusnet i rememer i had to put my username and password into the set up but is it something similar with virgin?

Open Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Router IP Address​

To login to Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Router, Launch the web browser and type the default IP Address 192.168.0.1, You should now land in the router management portal

Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Router Internal IP Address: http://192.168.0.1

(Remember you must be at home and connected to home WiFi to do this)

Open Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Router IP Address​

To login to Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Router, Launch the web browser and type the default IP Address 192.168.0.1, You should now land in the router management portal

Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Router Internal IP Address: http://192.168.0.1

(Remember you must be at home and connected to home WiFi to do this)

ok thanks

Back