Humidifiers for Drying Clothing

Complete BS
Look at the wattage rating of a decent dehumidifier,
You don't get free energy anywhere, ye, it's mostly a fan, rather than a heater, but it still uses energy, and for a much, MUCH, longer period of time.

But how long does it take to dry at room temperature?
I dry clothes on unheated radiators or over dining chairs etc.
Jeans bone dry in 24h, teeshirts and such likes a bit quicker.
If you do it a lot, you'll have condensation problems in your house, this is where the dehumidifier comes in.
The water in the clothes has to go somewhere

They take a while to dry with no heat,in winter especially. Like 3days. With heat less than 12hours.

The amount of times I've been to houses where tennants are complaining about damp/black ceilings and walls only to find they dry three loads every day on the radiators.
Trying to explain to them that five litres of water off each load is condensing on their bedrooms ceilings and walls is a ballache, they all say the same thing, 'what am I supposed to do, I've got 4 kids and can't afford to run a dryer 24/7'.

Open a few windows, use a dehumidifier or hang them on the line.

- 'i want me bedroom ceiling plasterin!'

I'll lend you a trowel you fat 2@

Changing subject slightly but what about the heated drying racks ?

Somat like this

Dry:Soon 3 Tier Heated Electric Clothes Airer

6 pence and hour to run allegedly. Ive no idea what the kw price was when that statement was made like.
There ok but you have to keep turning clothes over especially if you don’t have a cover for it.
We had the Lakeland one with cover and was decent till it packed in after 8 months and can only hold so many kilo of clothes

I agree 1p an hour is bo**ocks.

I the winter I use an Ebac 2650e dehumidifier (180 watts). Usually put the clothes airer near it for about 4 hours which generally gets them pretty dry. Cost of running it on the new October tariff will be about 6p an hour.

Also use it through the night in the winter to keep the humidity of my place down on my economy 7 tariff equates to about 20p a night, well worth it imo to stay mold free.

The amount of times I've been to houses where tennants are complaining about damp/black ceilings and walls only to find they dry three loads every day on the radiators.
Trying to explain to them that five litres of water off each load is condensing on their bedrooms ceilings and walls is a ballache, they all say the same thing, 'what am I supposed to do, I've got 4 kids and can't afford to run a dryer 24/7'.

Open a few windows, use a dehumidifier or hang them on the line.

- 'i want me bedroom ceiling plasterin!'

I'll lend you a trowel you fat 2@
I know how you feel,as an ex housing inspector for the council, I have gone through the same thing every winter for years
My house has rising damp .black mould all over the place can you send someone out to clean it for me, its affecting the kids asthma they say through a cloud of ciggie smoke
no clean it yourself you lazy ba****d and get a job after you have finished

I brought a heat pump tumble drier, to replace my 20 year old tumble drier, they are supposed to use less energy, doesn't seem to use that much , looking at my smart meter.

I brought a heat pump tumble drier, to replace my 20 year old tumble drier, they are supposed to use less energy, doesn't seem to use that much , looking at my smart meter.
I heard they leave clothes damp? If they do work I might buy one as you're right they don't use much energy.

I heard they leave clothes damp? If they do work I might buy one as you're right they don't use much energy.
I've not found that, they take longer to dry stuff than a normal tumble dryer as it runs at a lower temperature.

We brought a hoover one, had 10% off and £75 cashback at the time, so was about £270.

You have to keep the filters clean,as it complains else.

It seems decent.

Back