Hybrid LNB connection to F5s

heisenberg

Having mistakenly been lured into getting Sly Q, I purchased a 6-way Hybrid LNB so I could use my F5s. I have connected the LNB easily enough and Sly Q is operating fine. However, when I connect the F5s I get nothing, the box lights up and loads as usual but getting nothing on screen.

Anyone had similar problems or know anything I should be doing to make it work?

The set up is; F5s connected to the power, HDMI from box to TV and a hard wire to the router. I have this cable...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0044SMPUW/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

...connecting from the LNB to the F5s, with screw on f connectors.

Nothing comes through to the TV, but the box is on and working. Have double checked all connections but still nothing.

Is there something wrong with this set up or something glaringly obvious that I have missed?

Last edited:
Press menu> satellite installation >satellite antenna check your signal intensity

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Press menu> satellite installation >satellite antenna check your signal intensity

On the F5s? Nothing comes through to the TV so can't view the menu's or anything. The signal strength is 80 and quality 90 if I check on the Sly Q box.

Might be a faulty hdmi cable or power adapter

Tried different HDMI and power adapter, the box lights up and loads up on the front face and then displays channel number, which can still be changed via the remote, still changes as in on the front of the box display.

With hidden settings you might have to reflash your box with null modem cable

There is a button to try on the remote to press Its ages since used 1 Try format button ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still no joy, I have plugged the old Sly HD+ box in to check the LNB and cable from it, that seems to work fine. Just seems for some reason my F5s won't connect to the TV

Back