I halted my wedding to save pet lizard George

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Not just me thats sad then !!!
HTML:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4210432.ece

A BRIDE-to-be has postponed her wedding after paying more than £3,000 to give her pet lizard chemotherapy.

Lizzie Griffiths found bearded dragon George had head cancer after adopting him from a rescue centre last year.

She refused to have him put down and told fiance Chris Fisher the cash they had saved for their wedding would pay for cancer treatment. Teacher Lizzie, 25, of Purley, South London, said: "Chris knows George will always come first.

"I fell in love with George the minute I saw him and knew I'd do anything to look after him properly.

"So right now we can't afford a wedding."

George is in remission after his treatment — the first chemotherapy for a bearded dragon in the UK. Chris said: "He's Lizzie's No1."

HTML:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4212557.ece
I halted my wedding to save pet lizard George
LIZARDM-532_1476052b.jpg

Published: Today at 01:43
BRIDE Lizzie Griffiths told last night why she spent her £3,000 wedding fund on saving her beloved pet lizard George from cancer.
e

Lizzie admitted: "Some people might think it's mad, but I'd do anything to make George better."

"I was more than willing to spend all the wedding cash on treatment for George — without the treatment he would have been put down."

Lizzie postponed her wedding to fiance Chris Fisher — and last month George became the first bearded dragon in the UK to have radiotherapy.

She said: "I wake up at 5.30am each day so we can have a cuddle because if I don't get much time with him it upsets me.

"He comes into our bed and snuggles under the duvet while I feed him chocolate worms."

Bride and joy ... but Lizzie Griffiths and Chris Fisher had to postpone wedding
Bride and joy ... but Lizzie Griffiths and Chris Fisher had to postpone wedding

The primary school teacher, 26, of Purley, South London, lost her heart to bearded dragon George at an animal rescue centre last year.

Lizzie said: "I took one look at him and fell completely in love. He was so handsome.

"When I first held him he burrowed into my neck. I was so attached I put his tank at the end of our bed."

Chris asked Lizzie to marry him last August. Lizzie had a bow tie designed for George to wear at the wedding.

But in October, she was horrified when she spotted a growth on his face and a vet told her it was cancer.

The couple decided to cancel their big day and spend the £3,000 they had saved on pioneering radiotherapy.

George is now in remission. Chris, 26, said he has accepted that George always comes first. He added: "I think their relationship is adorable."

When my Oscar was poorley and had Cancer before he passed away it cost me over £1000 - hubby said i was mad and could have bought loads of lizards for that price BUT its NOT the same. I may have spend over £1000 at the time but it was worth it - even tho the outcome was hat he passed away - at least i tried and found out what his problem was!
Still miss my Oscar RIP little Man

and Hats off to the woman!!

Last edited:
hats off indeed.i rememberr when my cat got sick and the vet recommended i put him down.five humdred dollars later bought him three more months with me.was worth every penny.Al.

just proves that pets are not just pets, they are family to those who love and take care of pets in the correct manner.

Sorry guys just seen ur replies. Oscar and all mine are my family and i would spend what ever i needed to to make them better - just as i would with hubby & boys.
Aldan atvleast you got another 3 months of love you managed to share xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back