I have been looking around at so called cheap subs between £20 and £30

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I have tested around 10 of the so called cheap subs after our friend @siilver started a intresting thread. This what i found which was pretty consistent.

good points
1. the picture and sound quality was pretty good
2. You were able to use a varitey off apps.
3. They all offered a 24hr test
4. They were cheap.

Bad points
1.There was not very oftern a backup channel
2. quite a bit of the VOD content was foregin
3. some of them had around 9000 channels from various countries. you might see that as a good thing. Beleive me it is not the bouquets are divided by countries in one huge long list it would take you ages to find the channel you want to watch. specaiily some of the 3pm kick offs and ppv events.
4. some channels are missing normally UK movie and Sports.
5. It can take time for customer support to get back. They are nearly always based abroad.

I suppose if you wre just looking for a backup they may be OK. But for a main sub you might be disapointed.

Last edited:
Jeez Mike, you must be really bad at spotting a sub worth trialling!

Here's my experience:

Good points:

Good quality streams and variety of options for EPL

Choice of apps

Telegram support group with UK based (eg Scotland, Manchester) reseller.

Knowledgeable and helpful, quick to respond.

Doesn't make excuses when the server has issues.

Doesn't tell you to go and pay Sky's prices every time something goes wrong

Regularly posts tv listings for daily sports events

Lots of sources for ppv events

Overnight ppv events added to vod quickly

New movies added as soon as sources are available

Quality VPN built into the app for free

Bad points

None

had a few cheapo 30-40 quid a year subs and was always having problems of some sort, paying what i think is decent money now and very rarely get a glitch
£30 was my top trial.

Here's my experience:

Good points:

Choice of apps

Bad points

None
Could not find anything like that for the budget. Mind you I was just randomly picking from Google and other sources.

Here's my experience:

Good points:

Choice of apps

Bad points

None
It seems a cracking sub that mate

Here's my take £50 for year full round the clock support cracking streams problems resolved within 10 minuites tops Loads of links for football dzan nbcsn Optus sports ect ppv all different links plus their own all latest vod updated daily not bad if I say so for £50 lol

More you test more positive and negative results you will find.

No doubt most £20-30 cheapo subs will be poor but if you continue to test sure you will find some good subs in the price bracket.

More you test more positive and negative results you will find.

No doubt most £20-30 cheapo subs will be poor but if you continue to test sure you will find some good subs in the price bracket.
Must disagree with you there, I have to say most lines I have tried have been excellent, the big difference between lines - regardless of price, is the layout, and similar to Mike's trials, the amount of bouquets, and the appropriateness of the separation of channels.

In this case, I personally don't think that you need to pay big money to get a good line.

Similar to the bull attitude that you need the owner to sell you a line, and not a reseller - you don't.

Must disagree with you there, I have to say most lines I have tried have been excellent, the big difference between lines - regardless of price, is the layout, and similar to Mike's trials, the amount of bouquets, and the appropriateness of the separation of channels.

In this case, I personally don't think that you need to pay big money to get a good line.

Similar to the bull attitude that you need the owner to sell you a line, and not a reseller - you don't.
Absaloutly agree not all resellers are bad lol as most have direct contact with the owners to eradicate any problems that arise.
You don't need to pay nearly £100 for a good line as you can cheap lines which are brilliant.
Its just when you get a sub reseller that has to go to reseller then reseller to main guys that delays things.
Most bouquets are well organised catagory wise in fat 99% replicate sly channel order lol

With the latest and greatest apps ( thinking buzz here) you can hide and rearrange chanels to a certain extent similar to e2 boxes, so to some extent that helps.

With the latest and greatest apps ( thinking buzz here) you can hide and rearrange chanels to a certain extent similar to e2 boxes, so to some extent that helps.
You can on with the tivimate app. it would juat take you ages to set up and find the channles from the huge long list.

I hated testing lines before I signed up to a sub. I just found it a complete waste of time and effort when there are clearly well known good providers on here and other places that people refuse to/aren't allowed to recommend.

I hate wasting anyone's time and I knew if I tested 3-4 lines I'd be wasting 2-3 people's time. The other issue is when do you really know when you've got something good? You can't possibly know after 24 hours, but who wants to pay £10 for a month just to see if it's decent? It's just roulette really. You can lessen the risk by finding a test that works for that period of time and getting a good feel for the person you're dealing with. It almost feels like an initiation that you have to go through before you can get set.

I may well get shouted down for these comments and that's ok but I'm just saying what I'm certain many, many others are thinking. I accept the rules are the rules, however. Bottom line, I wish there could be more help available rather than just leaving people to figure it out themselves. All I did was make sure I followed the advice over how long/active sellers are on here and avoided 1 guy that tried to fob me off with only doing a 12 month sub. I didn't even test that guy.

I hated testing lines before I signed up to a sub. I just found it a complete waste of time and effort when there are clearly well known good providers on here and other places that people refuse to/aren't allowed to recommend.

I hate wasting anyone's time and I knew if I tested 3-4 lines I'd be wasting 2-3 people's time. The other issue is when do you really know when you've got something good? You can't possibly know after 24 hours, but who wants to pay £10 for a month just to see if it's decent? It's just roulette really. You can lessen the risk by finding a test that works for that period of time and getting a good feel for the person you're dealing with. It almost feels like an initiation that you have to go through before you can get set.

I may well get shouted down for these comments and that's ok but I'm just saying what I'm certain many, many others are thinking. I accept the rules are the rules, however. Bottom line, I wish there could be more help available rather than just leaving people to figure it out themselves. All I did was make sure I followed the advice over how long/active sellers are on here and avoided 1 guy that tried to fob me off with only doing a 12 month sub. I didn't even test that guy.
well i know of at least three good suppliers on here. And they have all been around for years. And i am sure they are many more. However, most of the senior members including myself will not give out there info to newbies. So basicly like we all had to do is contribute to the forum and you will get the best out of it. You will not get the best if you just join the forum looking for a sub, because the best suppliers may think you are a spy.

Last edited:
well i know of at least three good suppliers on here. And they have all been around for years. And i am sure they are many more. However, most of the senior members including myself will not give out there info to newbies. So basicly like we all had to do is contribute to the forum and you will get the best out of it. You will not get the best if you just join the forum looking for a sub, because the best suppliers may think you are a spy.

Yes fair point. I'd forgotten about spies. Does this mean that the better suppliers aren't likely to respond to the to the 'request a line' thread or whatever it is? I mean, anybody requesting a line could be a spy, right? It must be a big problem.

I wonder how many do join the forum to find a provider. I know I did....but I wouldn't consider myself a noob now. At the time I just figured a community like this would be a lot more reliable than getting someone recommending their 3rd cousin on FB or the bay :laughing:

Yes fair point. I'd forgotten about spies. Does this mean that the better suppliers aren't likely to respond to the to the 'request a line' thread or whatever it is? I mean, anybody requesting a line could be a spy, right? It must be a big problem.

I wonder how many do join the forum to find a provider. I know I did....but I wouldn't consider myself a noob now. At the time I just figured a community like this would be a lot more reliable than getting someone recommending their 3rd cousin on FB or the bay :laughing:
You will probably find the best suppliers will not respond to new members or anyone below vet status. The good suppliers also check how many times a person has requested a sub.

When looking for a sub the best indicator I have found is look how long the person has been a member. If they have been a member for years. There is a very good chance they supply a good service otherwise the mods would know about them.

Last edited:
You will probably find the best suppliers will not respond to new members or anyone below vet status. The good suppliers also check how many times a person has requested a sub.

When looking for a sub the best indicator I have found is look how long the person has been a member. If they have been a member for years. There is a very good chance they supply a good service otherwise the mods would know about them.

Yeah that was one piece of advice I followed when I looked. Definitely helped find a good guy!

Not completely off topic , subs with boat loads of foreign categories and channels, did you find any that did , "live" only without VOD, I think most providers will do that. Personally a sport only sub , or at least one where you can specify what categories you want so a full list isn't loaded every time you refresh even if you have 80% of bouquets hidden.
My guy will do a vodless sub , but wont do, for example , "UK Entertainment" and all world sports, I can understand it would be a lot of work for someone to offer that to each client.
But when your using pvr in kodi , loading 9000+ channels takes too long.
I at one time ( before I found and switched to IMPlayer ) , used to run my sub through a paid epg editing site and I found I was editting it down to less than 400 channels, which is crazy that I am being supplied with 900+.

Back