I have just aquired a Manhattan freesat HD plaza S2

Mchugh7

Hello anyone can you point me to any available firmware to upgrade a Manhattan Freeware box to allow it to rx other satellites and load cccam lines on it?

I don't think you can put new firmware on them, they're not E2 boxes.
The box has an usb port on the back and the setup menu mentions the possibilty of usb upgrade also the menu offers a choice of languages I am hoping that somone knows how to hack this box.

You can probably download a software update and apply it by usb.
Is it possible to scan for premium channels on it? It seems to be sold as a FreeSat box.

You can probably download a software update and apply it by usb.
Is it possible to scan for premium channels on it? It seems to be sold as a FreeSat box.
It is possible to get other than fteesat channels on it but it currently will not access channels on other sat but sigal bar comes up durin such a scan

Looking at this review it's highly unlikely there are the options you are after.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/revi...d-s2-operation-performance-and-verdict-page-2

Thanks I ve rad the review I will try to ger a download but Im still hoping their may be a hack some where, You nevet know unless you ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a blade 5000s and that was suppoded to br freeware only biy it can be upgraded by flashing new software so it acepts cccam lines I was just hoping someone had hacked a box like this similarly. I am new to this but I havr sevetal dishes set up and using lnb automatic DisEqc switches enjoy the out put of several tv sats I like to try to keep my brain avtive in my old age I also like to do stuff for cheap using discarded equipment that I am given or find for instance I have aquired a two way sat set of equipment to give internet access over satellite to play with as a next project.

With the price of boxes being so cheap now it's just not worth the effort tbh.Processors are so much better now and technology has moved on a lot along with the firmware that is available and old boxes just don't have the support now.

Back