I need help with when I play recording

sammer

i can not rewind or continue only play live. is there any solution to this is some plugin i can download to play recordings?
i use openpli 8.1

Not many people use pli on this forum but most people use the number buttons to skip forwards and back through a recording.
REW/FF using the standard buttons has always been a bit flaky.

You can change the times associated with each button in settings.

Remote number buttons.png

thank you very much i will try this
Not many people use pli on this forum but most people use the number buttons to skip forwards and back through a recording.
REW/FF using the standard buttons has always been a bit flaky.

You can change the times associated with each button in settings.

View attachment 68479

What image work best for vu plus solo2? thank you very much for this i will try

thank you very much i will try this

What image work best for vu plus solo2? thank you very much for this i will try
try openatv or vix anything but pli as you may have noticed you have not had many repies on pli problems because hardly anyone uses it.

We dont use a player as we just use the default setting as find recording and press ok .
Are your hdd and or usb setup as ext4

The default player is fine for most people.
If you install serviceapp from system plugins it will give you the option to use ExtePlayer3 if you want.

the hdd is just in the vu plus
We dont use a player as we just use the default setting as find recording and press ok .
Are your hdd and or usb setup as ext4
i just use the hdd that is in my vuplus2solo. i want to play movie i need to go to plugins -> media scanner -> then /media/hdd -> and then watch movies -> and in movie folder.
Very long way to just watch record.
But how can transfer recording files to usb or pc from vuplus?

The default player is fine for most people.
If you install serviceapp from system plugins it will give you the option to use ExtePlayer3 if you want.
I have instal serviceapp from system plugins without any trouble. but where will i se ExtraPlayer3?? i cannot se the ap?

i just use the hdd that is in my vuplus2solo. i want to play movie i need to go to plugins -> media scanner -> then /media/hdd -> and then watch movies -> and in movie folder.
Very long way to just watch record.
most just press one button on remote to bring up movie planner on my gigablue the button is named video

i want to play movie i need to go to plugins -> media scanner -> then /media/hdd -> and then watch movies -> and in movie folder.

As urie said there should be a button labelled PVR or LIST or FILE LIST or PLAYLIST on the remote that directly opens the default movie location.
You can just select a recording and press OK or play.

You need to set a password in network settings to copy recordings to the box.
You can then access it with FTP by logging in as root and entering your password.

I would flash a different OS if I were you. Pli is not very user friendly for newbies.

On all images (including PLI), pressing the recordings/ list button will allow you play the recording. You don't need a separate player.

On Vu+ receivers, button is near bottom of remote. Maybe 3rd line up.

If you change image, you will have to press same button.

I use OpenPLi.

The button Cactikid mentioned is the button he will have to press (as default) on all images. Three lines with an R, a list of recordings.

Did you try pressing the button between menu and audio to see what happens.
Thank you very much for this info this works much better than the long way.

I was wondering regarding recording files what is the best way to transfer files to usb or pc? is that to use filezila?

I can move files from box to box to free up space as they all have hdd connected and NAS ones which are bigger and connected by lan only via a router.

There is a Utility called Samba which most of us use to see your box on your home Network and if you had 5 boxes around the house with 5 tvs all would have samba running and their hdds are mounted locations to access any hdd from any room on any tv.

I dont use pc for viewing recordings or moving to but is possible doing either and others could say how to.
Last time many years ago might have been vlc

Zgemma recordings onto pc?

Last edited:
I can move files from box to box to free up space as they all have hdd connected and NAS ones which are bigger and connected by lan only via a router.

There is a Utility called Samba which most of us use to see your box on your home Network and if you had 5 boxes around the house with 5 tvs all would have samba running and their hdds are mounted locations to access any hdd from any room on any tv.

I dont use pc for viewing recordings or moving to but is possible doing either and others could say how to.
Last time many years ago might have been vlc

Zgemma recordings onto pc?

Thank you for your answer.
I wil try downloading samba on my pc.
I have iptv on my receiver and when i click on record the picture always freeze is that just normal?

Back