I satellite cable feed - can I run a twin tuner box?

dan602

Hi guys,

Currently using an F5, and all working fine but I'm treating it as my "learner" box and will be looking to upgrade to a better quality receiver in the near future.

I'm thinking that the VU Solo or VU Solo2 seem to get great reviews, but don't know whether to choose a single or twin tuner version.

My question is (I'm still a newbie to all this so forgive me please if it seems such an obvious yes/no answer) can I run a twin tuner from a single satellite cable feed? I live in a flat with a fixed communal satellite dish, so am just limited to the Sly channels.

At the moment if I want to record anything I have to watch/record the same channel at same time.

Cheers for any info/guidance,

Dan

you would need 2 feeds for a twin tuner box,however take note as you only have 1 feed and on communal dish if something happens in the near future you may be left with a freesat box.we dont know what is going to happen but we have the option of other sats to get as you do not.

Thanks cactikid, yeah I kind of had a feeling that might be the case so single tuner box it will be then.

As for the other thing...I know what you're talking about...the end is nigh etc :( but for now fingers crossed just enjoy it while it lasts eh! I was quite happy with internet streams and may have to go back to that for the footy lol

i think the vu with addons might be able to stream,no idea if bobby has done this?think there is a media pluggin to do more.

i was not too sure if loop through would work,good it can,but in their situation ask yourself would it be worth it,it will be easily sold on if the worst happens.

Back