i think i have a virus

i think thats what he meant mooley avira can be very sensitive to patchs reading the log file thats what hes saying

There's no virus in that rar. Maybe swith off resident sheild in avira before unraring and using it.

my symantec a/v didnt pick up anything i think its just avira with a false positive it can be like that thats why i dont use it

sounds like his antivirus treated the patch as a virus, this does not necessarily mean that it is a virus, patches have many of the same attributes/signatures as virues,I.E. changing or manipulating registry keys, and when this happens it is known as a false positive.AVG seems to treat like this
someone shoot me if i am wrong

Avira were one of the worst offenders when it came to reporting false positives on the August 'On Demand' test that AV Comparitives run.

IIRC the product would have come in further up the list of those tested if it hadn't been for that.

If you are in doubt, then you could always run the suspect app through Sandboxie, which will isolate it from the rest of the system. :)
Sandboxie - Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing

note: Unfortunately it only runs on 32bit operating systems.

Last edited:
Paddy are you saying avira found a virus in the rar file for the virus remover?? I can remove the patch file and re-up? So you didn't actually use the Autorun Virus Remover?

ye it found it in the rar file i hadn't opened it as i downloaded last night and went out.

Thought id share this fab site:

Code:
www.virustotal.com

It gives the user the ability to upload any files for a check to see whether it is cleaned or not, it is tested with more than 30 antiviruses and the results are shown right after the analysing is complete.

Back