WilloBuild i55Plus backup

Deanski

Hi Willo looking for advice please,
Ive got an i55Plus box running your excellent build,its based on the 5.3.013 release and all configured with the top headers and latest Maxbambi E2iPlayer.
How do i go about to make a carbon copy of the box and settings to install on another i55 box,also would i need to flash the new box to 5.3.013 or can i use the latest OpenVix
Many thanks

Hi Willo looking for advice please,
Ive got an i55Plus box running your excellent build,its based on the 5.3.013 release and all configured with the top headers and latest Maxbambi E2iPlayer.
How do i go about to make a carbon copy of the box and settings to install on another i55 box,also would i need to flash the new box to 5.3.013 or can i use the latest OpenVix
Many thanks
First thing your a big friend of mine and willo being a vix guy. Willo is most likely still in bed as semi retired now and lacks the staying power to the madam tussauds wax full version of him. I am a humble man so a sandisk 8GB usb will be a good starting point

First thing your a big friend of mine and willo being a vix guy. Willo is most likely still in bed as semi retired now and lacks the staying power to the madam tussauds wax full version of him. I am a humble man so a sandisk 8GB usb will be a good starting point
Hi good morning thanks for replying,so a freshly formatted stick then initialise
Would it be then to head to image manager and green for a new back up ?
Thanks

If it's exactly the same receiver you can make an image backup and copy it to the new receiver and restore it.
I would also make a settings backup just in case.

Ideally I would just install from fresh on the new box to get the latest ViX and Willobuild settings. A lot has changed since 5.3.

Hi good morning thanks for replying,so a freshly formatted stick then initialise
Would it be then to head to image manager and green for a new back up ?
Thanks
If it's exactly the same receiver you can make an image backup and copy it to the new receiver and restore it.

Ideally I would just install from fresh on the new box to get the latest ViX and Willobuild settings. A lot has changed since 5.3.
Leave you with the main chap Mr dean have a good day both (y)

I have still got my PJ's on sleep.gif

Hi Willo good morning mate,sorry to get you out of bed ;-)
Yes mate its the same receiver,ive tried 5.4 but sadly it lacks the top header selection which is available on this box running 5.3
If i was to flash the other box to 5.4 and then use the USB stick with the image backup on would that work ?,are they backward compatible
I dont want to try things and bugger the box
Cheers buddy

I've been puzzling what the top header section is :unsure: You mean the EPG tabs!
No, it's not available on 5.4 so you will need to restore your image backup.
Just create an image on the old box and extract to a usb stick or copy to the imagebackups folder on the new box and flash using Image Manager.

Hi Willo good morning mate,sorry to get you out of bed ;-)
Yes mate its the same receiver,ive tried 5.4 but sadly it lacks the top header selection which is available on this box running 5.3
If i was to flash the other box to 5.4 and then use the USB stick with the image backup on would that work ?,are they backward compatible
I dont want to try things and bugger the box
Cheers buddy
I've been puzzling what the top header section is :unsure: You mean the EPG tabs!
Just create an image on the old box and extract to a usb stick or copy to the imagebackups folder on the new box and flash using Image Manager.
Now your good to go dean 2 cups of tea (y) Have a good day both

Sorry mate yes i meant the EPG tabs....i just call them the top headers lol
Im just going through the image manager back up process with this new USB stick
Cheers

What actually works in Maxbambi's E2iPlayer? Everything I've tried comes up as 'no valid links'.
I would add it to my feeds if it works.

Progress report....i did the image back up on the USB stick which went fine and showed the status with the backup time etc
Flashed the other box which went fine
Now when i have put the USB stick with the backup on into the new box the USB stick isnt found so unable to flash the backup
Sorry if i am missing something
Thanks

Progress report....i did the image back up on the USB stick which went fine and showed the status with the backup time etc
Flashed the other box which went fine
Now when i have put the USB stick with the backup on into the new box the USB stick isnt found so unable to flash the backup
Sorry if i am missing something
Thanks
Confused here :unsure: You flashed the other box which went fine. Why are you plugging in a USB stick in with a backup on it then?
You should be just plugging in a storage drive which needs to be initialised and mounted as /media/hdd and formatted as ext4 R/W.

What actually works in Maxbambi's E2iPlayer? Everything I've tried comes up as 'no valid links'.
I would add it to my feeds if it works.

The version I tried was from 3 days ago on github but dated 05/2019 in the plugin main screen.
I won't bother if very little works on it then.

Back