Icecrypt Quattro LNB - Multiswitch?

Bigyinuk

Hi all

I think I may have just bought the wrong thing....

I was expecting the LNB to be a 4 output LNB as its called "Quattro" (for up to 4 STBs) but on closer inspection the connections underneath are marked as: Low V, Low H, High V, High H and in the leaflet it says "for use with a multiswitch". When I try and tune the TV or STB, I only get some of the channels. When I tune with a Sky 4 output LNB, I get everything.

Please can someone explain to me what a multiswitch does and where I've gone wrong?

Thanks folks.

Your sky 4 output LnB is called a quad LNB that has for independent LNB outputs.

The Quattro LNB also provides four outputs but each output has a single band specific to that output Low V, Low H, High V, High H. These are used mainly for distribution system via a switch say for a block of flats when sat receivers are connected to the switch it act as though it has its own dish and LNB when infact the one dish and LNB are serving many receivers.

I think a multi switch is so you can add lots of sat receivers from one dish,so the four wires go from the lnb to the switch,then one wire from the switch to your sat box,I think there for use in flats or a big house

ZINWELL-MS-4800-Satelite-Multiswitch-Sky.jpg

Your sky 4 output LnB is called a quad LNB that has for independent LNB outputs.

The Quattro LNB also provides four outputs but each output has a single band specific to that output Low V, Low H, High V, High H. These are used mainly for distribution system via a switch say for a block of flats when sat receivers are connected to the switch it act as though it has its own dish and LNB when infact the one dish and LNB are serving many receivers.
Beat me to it :LOL: (y)

Back