Iconnector...Don't bother.

S

sigmadelta58

Been using the iconnector for 2 weeks.
To say it is 'glitchy' is a massive understatement.
Service goes down frequently, sometimes for hours at a time.
This would be acceptable if it wasn't for the price tag of £110. It takes 5 months to pay for itself, and I don't see me lasting that long without pulling my hair out!
I can now see why they are starting to appear on Ebay.
Disappointing.

well think people did say its hit and miss. Sorry you spent out lots of money on it. It may well go altogether soon!. But hope you manage to get something out of it before it does.

hope you actually get your value out of it, but thanks for keeping us updated, as it is better to hear from someone who has one as oppposed to "I heard from someone"

with all the goings on at the moment with movement to n3 possibly that,also are you connecting up through splitters.
always like to hear negative feedback to see if it can be improved.;)

Last edited:
No, I'm not using a splitter.
I have a 4 port router, and speed is upwards of 4meg.
I had thought that perhaps my own connection was at fault, but this is definitely not the case.
Of course it may be just teething probs their end.
I daresay traffic is increasing, and maybe demand is too much at times.
If the interest in the A780 is anything to go by, this could well be the prob.
Still I am sure greater minds than mind are working on this as we speak...well one has to hope so.:)

wonder if thats your problem your speed is very low. most people now are on 10-20 meg BB, could be its to low to cope with it - just an idea! i just checked mine and get almost 19 - not that i have one of these Iconnectors but

Cant say they will last for long, these iConnectors. Some may face glitches, and some dont, i guess it will depend on who the 'mastermind' is in supplying the card sharing routine for you in the area. Here where i live, there was a raid on premises that held card sharing servers, but the authorities found out and confiscated the equiptment, and the funny thing is, the equiptment itself were hidden in a room and the door was bricked out of sight, but they still got busted.

Any glitching will almost certainly be down to either the quality of your incoming TV signal or your internet connection having some form of problem. From what I understand of the system the CW's are identical for everyone in the country - there are no regional variations. So if 99% of people are having no problem then any problems you are having are guaranteed to be in some way down to your setup.

found some more info,if you just have bb your signal will be adjusted down so as not to let a cable box work,if you get a min package your signal will be higher.
a booster may help in low signal.

Back