Idiot's guide to manually installing plugins?

Dead_dog

Hi, I am currently running Whooshbuild infinity on my H2S as it has proved to be pretty stable on my machine but there are some plugins that aren't available to me from the menu. I have see mention of "If the plug in isn't available then you can load it manually" but I have no idea how to do that.

Is there an idiot's guide on how to manually install a plug in? Sorry if this is too basic a question for this forum. I am trying to learn how to do stuff but it is a slow process for me!

Thanks

Yes a lot easier I even have my_plugins folder on my internal harddrive keep the ones that are not in feeds in there a long with skins just install via dreamexplorer. Handy when installing new os.

Yes a lot easier I even have my_plugins folder on my internal harddrive keep the ones that are not in feeds in there a long with skins just install via dreamexplorer. Handy when installing new os.
Same here, but putting them on usb is easier for people who may struggle with copying stuff via network or ftp etc.

Same here, but putting them on usb is easier for people who may struggle with copying stuff via network or ftp etc.
yes I have some on usb also along with backups and firmware images. im with you don't know why they always insist on tmp folder with usb you can move to various machines rather than having to ftp

I'm OK with Filezilla but I have absolutely no idea about "putty". I'll try the USB and see how it goes. Can I use the USB port on the front of the H2S?

You mentioned to just plug it in and follow the instructions. Does the H2S recognise the USB and automatically run something to start the instructions?

I'm OK with Filezilla but I have absolutely no idea about "putty". I'll try the USB and see how it goes. Can I use the USB port on the front of the H2S?

You mentioned to just plug it in and follow the instructions. Does the H2S recognise the USB and automatically run something to start the instructions?
do not remove the usb that you have normally mounted as hard drive. Yes if front slot is free just plug in the usb with your plugins on it.
It will then come up with message do you want to instal local extensions, then you just select the plugins you want (green tick) and install then reboot gui when done.

do not remove the usb that you have normally mounted as hard drive. Yes if front slot is free just plug in the usb with your plugins on it.
It will then come up with message do you want to instal local extensions, then you just select the plugins you want (green tick) and install then reboot gui when done.
That's great - thanks

Back