Windows 7 ie 9 popup

aldan

VIP Member
im running win 7 home premium and am using firefox as my default browser.i am getting these annoying popups asking me to upgrade to ie 9,which i already have installed.i am running a popup blocker and this is the only popup i ever see.any ideas? thanks Al.

ive got IE9 and dont use it but i dont get a pop up - can you not tick a box to tell it not to pop up? I would have thought if you have IE9 that the box would know. But if your pop up blocker is not recognizing it are you sure its not some sort of virus have you done a virus and malware check just to make sure. also are you sure you have ie9 actually installed ( click help on IE9 and it should say whats new in IE9 thats how i know what version i have if yours says 8 then it meansit not actually installed - even so you still want to get ride of that annoying pop up

hi linny,it seems that its supposedly a ms glitch.got a tip on how to get rid of it and if it works i will post it here.Al.

yep.open ei9,go to tools,then internet options,then click advanced,then click reset internet explorer settings.so far so good.

Back