if i get a skybox f3 - how can i watch channels on upstairs? is there a way

wakkaday

hey guys

thanks to everyone who pm'ed me. i appreciate it with my previous response.

if i buy a skybox for my lounge tv, is there a way i can have access on the tv in my bedroom and change the channels indepently? what would i need?

i no u can buy vid senders etc but it is better to get a second box for what they cost and then u have allways got a back up if one goes down.

Some servers will allow two boxes to run off one cline.

Same ip therefore same house. You should check first
though, not all do it.

Also I would go with tornados advice about a second box
there isn't that much difference in price with a digisender

yeh i'm trying to find someone who will allow that... as the person i know says i wil have to get another line.

thanks for your suggestions... i think sat option is better than cable, but it will be more worth my while if i can share the line via two boxes...

ok on a similar note. i have an old sky box installed from a few years ago in the lounge (not hd) , and i want to have a sat signal upstairs. is it a simple case of getting an additional wire and some type of f-connector to get the connection? or is it more complicated..

U need to run a second feed from your dish have a look on your lnb and see how many feeds it can take most now days have more than one but u can buy lnb for not alot off money if yours only has one,u can not split the feed with a f connector

i know more about cable unfortunately.. the lnb is that like a socket on the wall? or is that something connected to the main dish...if my lnb has to 2 ports for example? i can just run another feed from that with the right cable?

the lnb is on the dish where the cable feed goes to and if your lnb has more than one port u can add more cable feeds its that simple run cable from the room to the dish

THE Dish was fitted in 2008...not sure if that helps to know if there is more than one lnb...if there was another lnb, what would i need to do...? get another wire to install to dish to the other box?

There will only be one lnb on your dish but it may have more than one inport and yes get some sat cable and run it from the box to the dish.to make this a bit better for u to understand go on ebay put this number in and your see what a lnb looks like with 2 feeds 200582189694

Back