If you're looking for ESPN HD in the latest channel list !!!

xz316

Don't bother...

On 13 June 2012, it was announced that ESPN had missed out on Premier League broadcast rights from the 2013-14 to 2015-16 season to Sky Sports and BT, despite making a "strong bid".[3] The news followed speculation that ESPN was reconsidering its position in the UK.[4] In the following months, ESPN also lost the rights to Premiership Rugby, Premiership Rugby Sevens Series and American, Brazilian, French and Italian top-flight football to BT.[5][6] On 1 February 2013, Broadcast reported that ESPN had entered talks to sell off its remaining sports rights, believed to be worth more than £15m.[7] During The Walt Disney Company's first quarter earnings results conference call on 5 February 2013, Disney's chief financial officer Jay Rasulo confirmed that ESPN had "experienced losses" in the UK and was "exploring an exit".[8] On 25 February 2013, BT agreed to acquire ESPN's UK and Ireland TV channels business, consisting of ESPN and ESPN America. BT will continue to broadcast ESPN after the deal's expected completion date of 31 July, as part of its BT Sport package of services.[9] The value of the deal has not been disclosed, but BT is understood to be paying "low tens of millions".

Shame i like ESPN...

Why you double posting? :dunno:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I thought the other post would end up on page 2 or 3. So maybe no one would see it.

Very sorry.... :(

There's more to sport than just football & rugby.

Like any Sports channel, you can't see everything you want on just 1 channel.

As a motorsports fan, I watch ESPN for the Indycar series.

Edit...I thought you were just saying that it's not worth watching anymore, but I just noticed in your other post that you are saying that ESPN is closing down. IT ISN'T.

As you have posted yourself "BT will continue to broadcast ESPN after the deal's expected completion date of 31 July, as part of its BT Sport package of services." So why do you think it is closing down?

Last edited:
Espn is still there, it changed frequency

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Because the channel has gone from the latest channel list... Hasn't it. :binoculars:

Like many channels do, it has simply changed transponder. This happens to channels all the time. That's one of the main reasons for continually needing to update channel lists.

ESPN HD is still broadcasting.

Back