I'm looking for a laptop

If it comes with vista, thats not a problem, i'll just install XP Pro, its what i'm using now and its ok.
cheers m8.

Sandie, JFYI

One of the most important things to be aware of especially when it's a Laptop & you intend to install XP, is to make sure that the model you purchase has driver support for XP. Many Laptop manufactures no longer make them available & in some cases the newer hardware has never even had XP drivers written for them at all.

This is another good plus for having made the choice you did Sandie (y)

The Acer Aspire has full XP driver support available, so if you do decide to go the XP route you can get all the XP drivers HERE: under (Notebook>Aspire>Aspire 5738Z)

Windows 7 would run very well on that system too.

-

Sandie, JFYI

One of the most important things to be aware of especially when it's a Laptop & you intend to install XP, is to make sure that the model you purchase has driver support for XP. Many Laptop manufactures no longer make them available & in some cases the newer hardware has never even had XP drivers written for them at all.

This is another good plus for having made the choice you did Sandie (y)

The Acer Aspire has full XP driver support available, so if you do decide to go the XP route you can get all the XP drivers HERE: under (Notebook>Aspire>Aspire 5738Z)

Windows 7 would run very well on that system too.-

thats really good advice Gman, cheers (y)

Just an update guys.

the lappy was delivered last night, its top notch, glad I went for the Acer.
(y)

If I could have found another acer for the price I wanted with the specs I wanted, I would have gotten my 3rd with them.

Back