Image recommendation

e4evs

Registered
Look for some recomendation on what image to run on my new gigablue uhd 4k box. I'm going to run freesat and iptv through box on a unicable lnb

steptoe

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Personally, I run a plain flash,
Just add what I need,
Many others will disagree,

e4evs

Registered
Personally, I run a plain flash,
Just add what I need,
Many others will disagree,
Hi
You mentioned a plain flash, this is what I want just dont now of which image to use art, vix, pli etc. Can I ask what you are using
Thanks

steptoe

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Hi
You mentioned a plain flash, this is what I want just dont now of which image to use art, vix, pli etc. Can I ask what you are using
Thanks
I use plain openvix with a 180 skin, if its available for your box I'd recommend openvix for its pure simplicity to use.

Edit : I use it on both of my boxes, Edision OSmini and Formular F1

e4evs

Registered
I use plain openvix with a 180 skin, if its available for your box I'd recommend openvix for its pure simplicity to use.

Edit : I use it on both of my boxes, Edision OSmini and Formular F1
Thanks for the info much appreciated, I've just checked and vix is available will give that a go
Thanks again

pabloescaban

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
They all do the same thing, why not try one and if you don't like it you can change it in 20 minutes.
It's not a permanent thing, it's no different to changing the wallpaper on a Windows computer

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Another thumbs up for ViX here (y)
No faffing about having to delete all the German stuff and softcam feeds already in plugin downloads.
Simple 1080 is a great skin that is pre-installed.

e4evs

Registered
Another thumbs up for ViX here (y)
No faffing about having to delete all the German stuff and softcam feeds already in plugin downloads.
Simple 1080 is a great skin that is pre-installed.
I have no intention of using the softcam feeds can they be removed, do you now if its compatable with unicable lnb

pabloescaban

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
If you don't use softcams then you don't need the feeds or anything else concerning softcams.
Having them will not affect the box or anything else, likewise 75% of the stuff installed with any/every image will never be used or accesed

Abu Baniaz

TK Veteran
The box is hardware multiboot capable and has three image slots. I use Vix, PLi and either PurE2/ATV. There are others you can try. TeamBlue, HDFreaks, OpenVision, Unofficial OpenBlackHole. Try them in the extra image slots, you can boot back into your main image in a few seconds.

All images support unicable.