Impressions: Dante's Inferno burns in (the fifth circle of) Hell

homesick

VIP Member
TK Supporter
by James Ransom-Wiley { 14 hours ago }

For the lazy, here's the short preview: it's God of War, in HD.

Dante's Inferno is the talk of many here at E3. Why wouldn't it be? The solid graphics, the over-the-top gore, the visceral, uh, hold up! We already wrote this ... about God of War III. The comparison between the two games is well worn, but what about the confusion? Sitting in on a behind-closed-doors demo of Dante's Inferno, seeing the game in action for the first time, I was stunned by the dead-on likeness to God of War, in every detail and gameplay mechanic, and it wasn't a leap to imagine a consumer easily confusing Dante's decent into Hell as a spinoff of the Kratos myth. Inferno is no hackneyed clone, it's an impeccable replica.

From - http://xbox.joystiq.com/

After reading a couple of reviews (all say it's too similar to dismiss it from GOW) i still would like to play it as i'm curious to see how many elements from the epic poem they stay true to.

After reading a couple of reviews (all say it's too similar to dismiss it from GOW) i still would like to play it as i'm curious to see how many elements from the epic poem they stay true to.

did you see the protests outside of the E3 conference about this game? some ppl are saying it's just a pr stunt.

No i was unaware. I have not had the chance to follow everything with the E3 event this year. Sounds like a decent PR stunt though. What's there to protest?

No i was unaware. I have not had the chance to follow everything with the E3 event this year. Sounds like a decent PR stunt though. What's there to protest?

that the people who play the game, and the developers are going to go to hell... lol

Back