In need of some help with xtream editor not installing

AlienAl

Morning All,

I'm hoping you knowledgeable peeps can save the last strands of hair i have left after days of trying. Basically i have iptv through a zgemma box H.2s. all was well until i couldn't recieve sport channels. i spoke to my provider and they said i need to check some settings in xtream editor. i went in but didnt see what they wanted. he told me my version was quite old to update. i did it updated but when i went back into plugins xtream editor had gone. i have tried using putty which fails to install it back plus installing from a usb pen works bit says done - installed, upgraded or removed 2 packages (with 1 error). restart but xtream editor still isnt back on the box?

anyone have any ideas please

thanks in advance

Alan

If you have wòoshbuild infinity can download it Green button/Green button (download plugins)go into extensions and is in there at the end with the "X's download that ant tben update through menu on plugin

If you have wòoshbuild infinity can download it Green button/Green button (download plugins)go into extensions and is in there at the end with the "X's download that ant tben update through menu on plugin
ho i dont know what build i have but sure i can find out. i have pressed the green button for downloads but have none available.

Can your supplier not give you a new command line to install Xtream Editor with putty. To remove it with putty I think it's opkg remove xtream editor.

Can your supplier not give you a new command line to install Xtream Editor with putty. To remove it with putty I think it's opkg remove xtream editor.

sounds like a possible plan. something i will definately ask. thank you

is that after typing root then put in opkg remove xtream editor?

sounds like a possible plan. something i will definately ask. thank you

is that after typing root then put in opkg remove xtream editor?
Hi there,when you update xtream-editor to version 3.06 it will appear in plugins as XE Downloader and not as xtream-editor with other items as individual plugins.

Hi there,when you update xtream-editor to version 3.06 it will appear in plugins as XE Downloader and not as xtream-editor with other items as individual plugins.

Hi sorry for the late reply i have been away on holiday. xe download doesnt show either. it wont allow me to properly install it as it says installed with 1 error. nit sure if the box still thinks its on or not. i think i may have to factory reset the box at this rate :(

Hi sorry for the late reply i have been away on holiday. xe download doesnt show either. it wont allow me to properly install it as it says installed with 1 error. nit sure if the box still thinks its on or not. i think i may have to factory reset the box at this rate :(
Never factory reset your box box what image and version of open atv do you have on your box

Press Menu>Press ok on Plugins>Press ok on extensions>pursh right arrow will you get to either xeaio or xtreme editor 2.12>press ok to install>exit back and restart box

check plugins - if its there depending on which version, you might need to open plugin and update

Last edited:
Hi all, so i had another go today. My provider has said theres only so much they can do......

Start with i used putty and tried to install xtream editor 3.0.6 and got the following message (1st piccie)
I then tried installing it from a USB and got the following message (2nd piccie)
I then tried updating after reading through the internet and got the following message (3rd piccie)
I finally tried installing via temp folder and got the following message (piccie 4)

It never shows, nor shows if i go to delete plugins its not in the list. Im guessing when updating its corrupted somehow

Attachments

• Putty Install.jpg
    Putty Install.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • Install from USB.jpg
    Install from USB.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 29
  • opkg update putty.jpg
    opkg update putty.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • Xtream Editor install temp file.jpg
    Xtream Editor install temp file.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
when using putty or Terminal, you need to type root, click enter, then type opkg update and click enter
Yours says 'Zgemma H1 opkg update'
which returns the error 'opkg update not found'

when using putty or Terminal, you need to type root, click enter, then type opkg update and click enter
Yours says 'Zgemma H1 opkg update'
which returns the error 'opkg update not found'

tried typing above and it didnt likr that either. typed root then press enter then opkg update and got the attached lines....

Attachments

• 20190919_192136.jpg
    20190919_192136.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
Hi dsayers2014, thank you for you looking at my issue, this was my next question after googling a lot over the weekend.

Is this easy to do? are there any guides around to save me making a mess of it? does it have to be a specific one i.e. i can't afford to flash to a wrong image?

sorry for all the questions really appreciate all your help

Hi All,

so ref image flash on openvix i spoke to my provider who came back with the following......
Sounds plausible though i am no expert....flashing has its downside if it goes wrong you end up with an ornament gathering dust...current version 5 something ot other so there is a gap so to speak if you have never done one i suggest you either get someone who has that sort of knowledge or research it very deeply as i said get it wrong and you will have more problems than you currently have...again unfortunately its a decision you have to make after weighing up the options.

He means at the mo everything works except sky sports package

You'll be best to flash openatv use wooshbuild infinity or grogbuild freerange have a look in the build section All Builds

It may look daunting but once done it's easy to do again. Choose a build then follow the steps carefully if you get confused or have issues try to post as much information as you can.

Back