Inbetweeners Movie breaks box office record

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
The spin-off from E4′s The Inbetweeners has recorded the biggest ever opening for a UK-produced comedy, according to Screen Daily.

Between Wednesday and Sunday it took £13.2m, putting it comfortably on top of the UK and Ireland box office chart.

57.jpg

The film, which stars Joe Thomas, Simon Bird, James Buckley and Blake Harrison as teenagers on holiday in Malia has overtaken previous record holder Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.

Bridget Jones, which starred Renée Zellweger, reportedly took £10.4m in its first weekend back in 2004.

The Inbetweeners Movie has also enjoyed the second biggest debut so far this year in the UK and Ireland, behind the final Harry Potter film.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 made £23m in its opening weekend in July.

Producer Chris Young said he was “thrilled” the film – about four teens who celebrate leaving school by going on holiday – had done so well.

He said:”We really want to thank all the cinema goers out there who have made the film such a huge success.”

Screen Daily added that the film also had the biggest ever opening for a UK independent production.

The big screen version of the comedy series was intended to bring the show to a close but the success of the film has now raised the possibility of a sequel.

However cast member James Buckley doesn’t think there can be a follow up, saying: “I don’t really think there is much scope for a sequel, I’m not sure where we can go with it.

“No one wants to see the Inbetweeners older and mature, I think it’s got to be the end of the Inbetweeners which is really sad.”

The Inbetweeners Movie knocked last week’s number one film, Sci-fi prequel Rise of the Planet of the Apes, into second place.

Daniel Craig’s latest film Cowboys and Aliens only managed to rank third with a disappointing tally of £1.7m.

Two other new releases, Spy Kids: All The Time In The World 4D and Glee: The 3D Concert Movie, made their chart debuts at six and nine respectively.

anyone know were i can download this from

I've been looking around almost everyday mate, there is nothing but fakes out at the moment.

I'm not suprised to be honest, its a British comedy, if it was a mainstream movie featured in a cinema in the U.S there would've been CAM/TS rips left, right, and center by now..

Back