WooshBuild Infinity backup H2S

makido

VIP Member
Can someone do me a fresh install of wb infinity and send it me by pm please.
Its for my relative in France, hes just had the internet installed, so im planning on setting him up with iptv, until I get chance to get over there to do his sky dish.
Hes not very tech savy and didnt want to confuse him, with the infinity install.

I dont have an h2s anymore, so if you could help me out I would be dead grateful

Is open atv already on the box if so just put iptv onto that till you get over there I aint got a h2s so can't help on that one

Its stuck on boot and need infinity for iptv, so thought a straight flash of infinity, then all he would have to do is a few button presses to add his iptv

Its stuck on boot and need infinity for iptv, so thought a straight flash of infinity, then all he would have to do is a few button presses to add his iptv
Tried usual steps different psu as wouldn't he need openatv 6.2 on for infinity

Thats why I asked if someone could do me a fresh install of infinity. Once hes flashed that by usb he would have infinity running on his box. Hopefully its as easy as it sounds :laughing:

You don’t flash infinity by usb it’s done via webif if you have team viewer on your pc. Remote access him and do it that way.

Makido, pm me, tell me exactly what you want and I'll do it in the early pm. I have a h2s

@makido ask your chum to download ultraviewer/teamviewer
ask them for zgemma ip address 192.168 etc

from then on it's like you are in their living room holding the remote, if you need them to use usb sticks etc its just a simple request by typing text etc, I did this today with the config data you PM me before, cheers

@wheelo Thanks for the reply, but my mate dropped me his box off this morning. So I am able to sort this myself
I do really appreciate it though.

@pabloescaban Never ever used team viewer, it always scared me, the thought of someone having access to your pc/laptop.
But I guess a relative is a good place to start learning.
So how would I go about setting a box up with infinity, thats stuck in boot mode. Or do I have to get them to flash atv first

@wheelo Thanks for the reply, but my mate dropped me his box off this morning. So I am able to sort this myself
I do really appreciate it though.

@pabloescaban Never ever used team viewer, it always scared me, the thought of someone having access to your pc/laptop.
But I guess a relative is a good place to start learning.
So how would I go about setting a box up with infinity, thats stuck in boot mode. Or do I have to get them to flash atv first

you can DL the correct image on their lappy, ask them to put usb in, you format usb and put unzipped files on and eject it, then tell them what to do with usb, ask them to tell ou when it gets to HDMI settings, then its just a matter of running infinity command through webif/terminal

There's no worries using programmes like this, they can't access your laptop, that's a different protocol.
When you open teamviwer it says 'allow remote control' with a password - this lets folk access
on the other side it says 'remote control computer' this is where you put in the info your partner sends you, if you want someone to help you, you send your info, if your helping someone else he sends you his.
when he sends you that password/pin code, he has no access to your laptop

Ive had a play with my parents box just to practice, and I had remote access to their box.
I formatted their usb and put the correct flash files on it, and dad stuck the usb in his box to flash it. (dad already knows how to flash the box but told him to humour me)
Anyway he flashed the image to his box, and I was able to login to webif and run the command, and had infinity running in no time.
I did try going through the whole setup via webif but it takes an age, so I figured it would be best to talk them through the rest.

My uncle is going to set his pc up and is ringing me at 6 oclock, then we are going to do it.
I will update when its done. Thanks @pabloescaban I would never ever done it this way if it wasnt for you, and it really was so easy.

If the above fails, I have the full backup I made this morning, so either way they will have some tv tonight. Thry haven't had no tv for weeks, so they will be happy.

Ultraviewer is also free and sometimes works better than teamviewer, i was getting warnings from teamviewer if i used it too often, asking me to upgrade to pro version and wanting £££, it got to the stage where it became 'limited' in that it would only allow me to connect to someone remotely for about 2 mins then shut down.
I installed ultraviewer and even though i still use teamviewer, never again has it come up with any warnings, it wouldn't surprise me if there was software built into it to spot rival programmes like ultraviewer etc
Download remote support software UltraViewer

It's always scary makido I was same when my mate wanted to teamviewer my pc for problems with my box as I have pics of my kids and family members ect didn't wanted himsnooping but I sat and watched what he did (sad I know) but now use it quite often for people so as said a good bit of kit to use

Theres nothing much on my laptop to be honest, so I dont really know why I was scared. Just the thought of a complete stranger having access I guess, cos as you say they can do anything.

Update:
Smashed it guys, they now have iptv running on their box. They are so happy to finally have something on tv.
Huge thanks to pablo, for putting the idea into my head in the first place. Cant believe how easy it really was.
You really do learn something new everyday in here. :laughing:

Back