WilloBuild Initializing storage device

Deanski

Hopefully im posting in the correct place,sorry if not

Hi Mr Willo ive recently installed your latest build to OpenVix6 on the Zgemma H9S SE box and all running tasty as it should do
Im trying to initialize a brand new Kingston 128GB and it has been stuck on the "Creating filesystem in progress" screen for almost an hour....any help would be appreciated,many thanks

Far too long as usually when inserted into rear port when box is powered off then on find your device in storage and select correct one name and size been correct.
Max 5 mins to setup.
Exit out of box and power off and insert into another port as sometimes on pc i do a format on there first before sticking it into box

Bloody Willo stepping on my toes again :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Did you read the instructions? Delete all existing partitions and create a new primary Ext4 partition.
I haven't used the latest free edition but the old instructions should still apply.

Did you read the instructions? Delete all existing partitions and create a new primary Ext4 partition.
I haven't used the latest free edition but the old instructions should still apply.
Sorry mate im back...i may not have read things correctly
The stick is now mounted but showing Type:tntfs R/W

I`ll go through things again,sorry ive not used the minitool before

I can't even see that! :ROFLMAO:
If you create an Ext4 partition and then put it in the box before powering on it should all be good.

Best way is to add the new drive without removing the old one and initialise it first.
Then power off and remove the old one and then make sure the new one is mounted as /media/hdd Ext4 R/W.

If you don't then the box will automatically start using the new one for epg etc and won't let you initialise it because it's in use.

Back