Insects Causing Car Accidents

Evastar

TK Veteran
I had promised my friend some plants and cuttings from my garden, so i loaded up my car this morning and set off. I had just turned on to the motorway when i noticed a big spider crawling across the front of the dash! I was very tempted to swerve or pull over but had to grit my teeth and drive on.

The spider crawled up the window beside me and spent the next half an hour walking up and down beside my head, i was steeling myself for it to land in my hair! I contemplated pulling over onto the hard shoulder, but it is quite narrow and the traffic goes very fast so decided not to risk getting out of the car.

Anyway luckily i made it to my friends without incident, and was able to get rid of the spider, but i'm just wondering how many accidents insects actually cause? I know another friend of mine had a wasp in the car a couple of weeks ago, she said it nearly made her crash as it kept flying around her head. :(

lol should of just opened the window Eva and flicked it out. it`s a spider not a tiger.:)

Well when you are doing 100 on the motorway dee, i thought opening the window would be more likely to blow it into my hair.

speeding was we lol, you only needed to open it an inch give it flick and the wind rushing by would of taken, or stuck on the back seat.:)

Had a Wasp in My Motorbike Helmet, when i was a teenager.just before a set of lights at a junction between Bray and DL, had to grit the teeth and go through the lights concentrating,Other side , stopped, Jumped up and down like a M** F** But got away with a sting under the collar.

the same thing happened to me with a wasp a few weeks ago, I nearly ran into the path, kept screaming at the kids to open the window and all they did was laugh lol had to pull in and let it out.

OMG this brings back some terrible memories.

I had a bee/wasp in my car with 3 kids all under 4 yrs old, 2 of them were like 18 months old and one i was childminding at the time, i had picked my son up from nursery, next thing i knew there it was in front of me. Im scared of the damn things anyways and seeing it in the car i paniced.

And YES i did have an accident. Good thing was none of the kids or me were hurt - well i bashed my knee BUT i wrote off not just my car but did damage to 2/3 other cars in the road. Thankfully it was a quite residential road. But the Porshe - erm had a lot of damage, as did the other 2 All cars were parked i might add. Instead of putting my foot on the break i accelerated and ploughed right into a parked car which then hit 2 other cars.
OUCH!!!!

we were all taken to hospital and all given the all clear. Ever since then i have never parked near a tree and wont have car windows open - thank god for air conditioning.
Worst thing was hubby has just gone away that morning to work away from home and wasnt due back for about 2 weeks.
I might just add that i have never bene stung by either a wasp or a bee but am scared stiff of both

a wasp flew into my car when i was learning how to drive i had 4kids and my mum in the car. i was very calm and ask everyone to open their windows. then my mum saw the wasp and stating screaming and jumping around which started the kids off.i dont know how i didnt crash and took 15 mins. to calm the kids down i didnt talk to my mum all the way home:)

I had a rather large june-bug hit me between the eyes on my motorcycle once. It hit me hard enough to knock my head back a bit, knock my sunglasses off, and cause me to swerve. I didn't wreck or anything, but it certainly shook me up a little. I was doing about 95mph at the time.

lol just had this with the other. jumped in the car to go get my girls when i hear a scream it was a daddy long legs, no accident just calmly opened the window and threw the silly mare out. the daddy long legs that is.:)

Back