Installer's recommendations in Manchester

hi All,

Could someone recommend a local installer for a motorised setup in Manchester.

I am struggling to find someone who touch other than Sky.

Cheers

Hi Mods/Admins?

Not sure why the replies on this thread have been disappeared?

@ The-Guru replied on this thread earler today?
Because posts like "pm sent" and "pm recieved thanks, reply sent" serve no purpose to anyone.
All you are doing is advertising the fact that you are both engaged in a private conversation.
You should both know that you are involved in a private conversation by the red alert at the top of the screen. No one else needs to know each time one of you thinks of something new to add

Hi friends ,

Installation now booked next Week so now looking for the equipment recommendations.

is the below list of equipment any good or should I ask for more? Obviously budget is limited.

80cm Technomate mesh dish, Technomate motorised disq 2.1 and INVERTO Quad ULTRA L.N.B.

On the Installation day, what should I ask or check to make sure the setup is working as it should be ?

Cheers

"On the Installation day, what should I ask or check to make sure the setup is working as it should be ?"

Any discount for cash and Make sure he puts your long and lat in your receiver

Lol, what I meant was should I try a particular sat or channels which would not work with a poor installation?

The installer will probably use USAL The built In settings with in your reciever Ask him what
Reference satellite he is using Check the settings for you tunner configuration Write
Everything down so you know for future reference

The installer will probably use USAL The built In settings with in your reciever Ask him what
Reference satellite he is using Check the settings for you tunner configuration Write
Everything down so you know for future reference

Thanks will do. My receiver is Duo2 so will check those settings.

No doubt will ask more questions in coming days. Such as upto date Provider list to scan in ABM?

I found one in this forum but that is very old.

Preferably you'll want to make sure all popular sats are working well but particularly 0.8w as it requires a larger dish size than most from the UK. 80cm will be OK if the weather is good but you'll lose a number of transponders in the rain with a dish that size on that sat. In good weather if you're picking up 6'eren HD, Digi Sport 1 HD HU and Eurosport 1&2 Romania then the rest of them should be fine.

Last edited:
80cm may struggle with some nordic channels but good enough for a very decent selection of channels. Have you thought about positioning and what kind of arc you'll get?

Mesh or solid, it'll still be huge! lol ... mesh would probably cope better in the strong winds (holes allowing air to pass through) ... in all honesty, It wont have an impact on viewing. Go for what's the best option for you.

With 1 meter satellite dish depends on the footprints

45w, 30w, 15w, 12.5w, 8w, 5w, 1w, 5e, 7e, 9e, 10e, 13e, 16e, 19e, 23.5e, 26e, 28e, 39e, 42e, 45e
not all channels on all sats will be recievable and there may be a few other positions you can recieve from but that should give you a good idea.

Thanks All, Just an update, I have got the dish installed today- went for 80cm mesh. Due to location the installer used T & K bracket and pole which does not look great but better for reception.

So far scanned 39,19.2, 13, 16 and 0.8. They seems to scanning all however struggled to get all channels on 23.5 , 5w and 30w.

The installer said, I could try some channel list which may pick up the missing channels. Is there any recommended channel list which I can FTP to the box?

Other question is in ABM , which provider I need to choose? How do I know which Provider is on which site?

Cheers

If the channels aren't storing in with a scan then you won't get them them by manually adding them either. If you attempt to add them manually you'll just get 0%snr. The installer should know this.

It's worrying that you aren't getting all channels on 23.5e and 30w. These are strong satellites of which you could easily pick up all tp's using a minidish.

Don't think there's much on 5w? Happy for someone to tell me otherwise.

You should be scanning around 1,060 channels on 0.8w and at least 770 odd on 16e. Just to give you a ball park figure.

Go to the packages section on Lyngsat. That'll tell you which providers belong to which sat. I don't think there's an ABM for 39e bar Telekom Romania BTW. Normally the provider names will appear / disappear in ABM as you add / remove them from Tuner Setup.

Back