Installer's recommendations in Manchester

Thanks both for help.

My bad, 30w I was scanning only 1 transponder rather than all satellite. I have now managed to scan all 455 channels on it. Also scanned 42e and scanned more than 80% channels.

However Astra 23.5 is still a mystery. Can Install only 45 channels out of 600+. Only explanation I can think of is there is quite tall tree on that direction very close (less than 10m) which may be blocking that angle only? Actually cannot watch any of the channels , SNR on those scanned channels is not even locking and very jumpy.

Thats it, its a new toy and it will take days going through all the working sats, but to be honest, as long as you are getting 0.8w(Thor), 13e, 16e, 19e and 28e (Sky sat), then thats all you would need plenty of choice for everything from sport, movies and tv shows, I'll bet the installer charged a high fee, because of the time it takes to install and go through all the sats.

Glad you're having better luck with 30w. You should be getting at least 70% snr on that sat.

Are you sure you're not making the same mistake for 23.5e ie. scanning a single transponder instead of the entire satellite? Although it does sound like a line of sight issue as it has a similar elevation to 30w and if you're now getting 30w then you shouldn't have any issues with 23.5e bar such as trees. I'm guessing Ocko TV scanned in on 23.5e? That always scans for me even when the others don't.

Nevemind. If it is the tree then it's only the one sat affected by the sound of things which is not the end of the world and you'll still get the channels come autumn.

If you check dishpointer.com you can check exactly where your line of sight is for each sat and know for sure whether 23.5e is affected by the tree.

It could be the thick growth off leaves
You might find in the autumn when the tree
Loses its leaves You will recieve signal on the
Transponder

Glad you're having better luck with 30w. You should be getting at least 70% snr on that sat.

Are you sure you're not making the same mistake for 23.5e ie. scanning a single transponder instead of the entire satellite? Although it does sound like a line of sight issue as it has a similar elevation to 30w and if you're now getting 30w then you shouldn't have any issues with 23.5e bar such as trees. I'm guessing Ocko TV scanned in on 23.5e? That always scans for me even when the others don't.

Nevemind. If it is the tree then it's only the one sat affected by the sound of things which is not the end of the world and you'll still get the channels come autumn.

If you check dishpointer.com you can check exactly where your line of sight is for each sat and know for sure whether 23.5e is affected by the tree.

Yes, Indeed, I have checked few times and even the installer good not scan those. to be fair, the tree are quite thick and that is why he went for the pole option in first instant. Ocko Tv has been scanned but I cannot get any of them to work.

Not really bothered anyway, lots of options to play with the new toy :)

My set-up now include
Sky UK on CS
Virgin (few days left)
Freesat
IPTV with VOD
Freeview
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Now Tv
Sky Go
Motorised

Time to watch anything - hardly any as my little boy like to watch a certain 'Ryan Toys' and 'Bilipi' on You Tube so none of the above are required for that anyway :(

You may interested to know the Disney family of channels are set to leave the UK sat and cable platforms from next month. I'm assuming there's no such plans on Euro sat so could be an added bonus if your kid watches them.

Yes I know and certainly was in mind when I was thinking to go with the Euro dish.

Also managed to find some cartoon channels in English yesterday (by changing Audio ) so that is an added bonus.

Thats it, its a new toy and it will take days going through all the working sats, but to be honest, as long as you are getting 0.8w(Thor), 13e, 16e, 19e and 28e (Sky sat), then thats all you would need plenty of choice for everything from sport, movies and tv shows, I'll bet the installer charged a high fee, because of the time it takes to install and go through all the sats.

30w also seems to be a good one to add on the list with many English programs. Happy days.

Back