Installer's recommendations in Manchester

That's your problem your line of sight to the
Transponder is being blocked by the tree

Hi linesman66 and all friends. Happy New year. Thought to give some update on my issue with 23.5 which was blocked by trees. I tried again today and managed to get 500+ channels scanned ( a bit bad recept on some ) . Still not getting ziggo sports channels but there are plenty of others so issue was indeed line of sight blocked by trees.

Will enjoy this Sat until spring when trees will be green again...

Ta

With 1 meter satellite dish depends on the footprints

45w, 30w, 15w, 12.5w, 8w, 5w, 1w, 5e, 7e, 9e, 10e, 13e, 16e, 19e, 23.5e, 26e, 28e, 39e, 42e, 45e
not all channels on all sats will be recievable and there may be a few other positions you can recieve from but that should give you a good idea.

@linesman66 , i should have followed your advice and gone for 1m dish as my 80cm is struggling on lots of sats.

So I am thinking to upgrade my dish to 97cm or 1m mesh . My question is, would my existing TM2600 motor and pole setup will be OK to drive the new heavier dish?

For my existing 80cm, I am thinking to use this as replacement of my sly mini dish and add a multi sats for 28.2, 19.2 and 13 if possible . Any recommendations for lnbs and lnb holders setup?

I am going to use same installer for motorised who did my original fitting but could try myself on fixed dish setup. Just going to sort a long ladder first.

@linesman66 , i should have followed your advice and gone for 1m dish as my 80cm is struggling on lots of sats.

So I am thinking to upgrade my dish to 97cm or 1m mesh . My question is, would my existing TM2600 motor and pole setup will be OK to drive the new heavier dish?

For my existing 80cm, I am thinking to use this as replacement of my sly mini dish and add a multi sats for 28.2, 19.2 and 13 if possible . Any recommendations for lnbs and lnb holders setup?

I am going to use same installer for motorised who did my original fitting but could try myself on fixed dish setup. Just going to sort a long ladder first.
I'm not too far from you, Bury way,
And get 13 19 and 28 on a 65cm,
although it does struggle sometimes on the weaker 13 TPs, so 80cm should be good to go, I would go 80cm if I was doing it again.

I would consider using 1.1 traix satellite dish There is not much difference in size between the 1.1 meter and 1 meter but better gain to allow for rain margin on hard
to reciever transponders The 80cm satellite dish is perfect for the three transponders you want to recieve You will need 4×1 Disqec switches to combined different l.n.bs
To various tunners If your brackets are t.k set you should have no problems with larger
Satellite dish With the t.d series bracket you
Can modify one of the l.n.b holders you will
Also be able to get 23.5

I would consider using 1.1 traix satellite dish There is not much difference in size between the 1.1 meter and 1 meter but better gain to allow for rain margin on hard
to reciever transponders The 80cm satellite dish is perfect for the three transponders you want to recieve You will need 4×1 Disqec switches to combined different l.n.bs
To various tunners If your brackets are t.k set you should have no problems with larger
Satellite dish With the t.d series bracket you
Can modify one of the l.n.b holders you will
Also be able to get 23.5

Cheers. Is 1.1 meter mesh or solid ? Just looked on Amazon and currently unavailable.

Not sure WoS have them but will search through.

1.1 traix satellite dish is solid They are good
Satellite dish

Is 1.1m Mix Digital Mesh Satellite Dish any good? could not find Triax online anywhere and my installer does not recommand solid dish on my Pole. He asvided me to get a mesh dish.

This one I can get from local shop for around £45.

The reason i suggest traix is the satellite arm slides into the satellite dish and bolts
making it more robust The mix satellite dish the arm is not as secure

Is 1.1m Mix Digital Mesh Satellite Dish any good? could not find Triax online anywhere and my installer does not recommand solid dish on my Pole. He asvided me to get a mesh dish.

This one I can get from local shop for around £45.
I had also looked at the 1.1m mix digital mesh dish a few weeks back. It had two 1-star reviews on amazon.

Can't find it on amazon no more, looks like they've taken it down.

I had also looked at the 1.1m mix digital mesh dish a few weeks back. It had two 1-star reviews on amazon.

Can't find it on amazon no more, looks like they've taken it down.

Yes , seen those reviews so not interested any more in that brand. I think I would be better off 97cm than that.

Which one you have?

hello friends, i was going to go for the bigger dish as was fedup with bad signals on 23.5 and 16e but thanks to @ kurdt Kobain who suggested to try manual adjustment on the Postioner settings. This worked like magic. I had to click 'Move West' for both sets for 7 to 8 times to get the strongest signals.

After this I am getting almost 80 to 90% channels on both sats. So happy days. (eg 60 channels on 16e to over 550 now)

Now this has created two problems which I need help.

1- I was using USAL but now had to change to DisEqc 1.2 in order to save new positions - so i have manually configured all the main sats . The question is - why USAL was not accurate? is that because of bad installation or i am using wrong co-ordinates? I used the one as per Dish Pointer so should be correct. I would perfer to use USAL if that works accurately.

2- I have habit of changing my images quite often. assuming I cannot fix USAL and have to use DisEqc 1.2 on the new image, is there a way to copy my Tuner settings so I can just copy across to different images. Currently I am using latest PurE2 but was thinking to move to Open PLi . this will save me doing all over again in term of saving dish settings?

PS- sorry did not want to create a new topic but could create a new thread if needed as your answers may help someone else in similar situation?

Cheers

It could well be a mixture of both.
First double check you have entered your coordinates correctly.
If you have to step the dish slightly east or west to improve signal your dish could of just moved.
If it is a good few degrees out then it could point to a bad installation.

It could well be a mixture of both.
First double check you have entered your coordinates correctly.
If you have to step the dish slightly east or west to improve signal your dish could of just moved.
If it is a good few degrees out then it could point to a bad installation.

Thanks will check coordinates again to make sure.

How can I check each Step west or east move the dish by what angle? As I done 8 steps west so that could be 2 degrees movement if each step is quarter a degree ?

Dishpointer will give you inaccurate coordinates Use Google earth to pin point
Your excat location You will find your cordinates will be completely different from
Dish pointer

Back