Installing your Wifi Bridge

bo88y

Installing your Wifi Bridge
Simply install the software on the CD supplied on your computer, connect the Wifi Bridge to your computer?s Ethernet port and USB port (for power). Run the software and follow the instructions on screen (here you can specify your wireless routers security, passphrase etc).
Once setup is complete the Blue and Orange LED lights will flash, now you can disconnect the Wifi Bridge from your PC and connect to any device that is currently hard wired to your wireless router.
The Wifi Bridge can be powered from a USB port, so if your device has a free USB port then there is no need for an external DC adapter.

The Wifi Bridge also has a power out in the form of a 2.0 male DC connector, so if your device is running off a 5-15v, 2.0 centre pin positive DC adapter then you can use this adapter to power the Wifi Bridge and then connect the power out from the Wifi Bridge to your device, so your using the device?s DC adapter for both your device and the Wifi Bridge.

Alternatively you can power your device with a DC adapter that has a 2.0 centre positive pin and a DC output between 5-15v (not supplied).

Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know that the Wifi Bridge is powered up?

The orange LED light will lightup. The Wifi Bridge will only power up when the Ethernet cable header is inserted to the computer and power is applied via USB or the DC adapter.
The Wifi Bridge is not detected when the VAP11g software is run.
Check the following :-

1. The LAN port on the computer that you are setting the Wifi Bridge on is enabled and the correct drivers are installed for it.

2. The Ethernet cable header on the Wifi Bridge is firmly plugged into the compuerters LAN port.

3. Power is applied to the Wifi Bridge by either connecting the USB cable from the Wifi Bridge to the computers USB port or applying external power to the Wifi Bridge by using a 5-15v DC adapter with a 2.0 centre positive pin.

4. When installing the software make sure that you also installed the WIN PCAP drivers.

If the above fails then uninstall the software, download and install the latest version from the link above, restart your computer and try again
When the Wifi Bridge is connected to the computer for the first time prior to running the setup program, the computer?s Local area network connection icon in the system tray displays limited or no connectivity.
This is expected and the setup will complete successfully although the network connection is limited.
What should my LAN IP address be set to when configuring the Wifi Bridge?
It should be set to ?Obtain IP address Automatically?.
I have completed the setup process but cannot connect to the internet using the computer that I have just used to setup the Wifi Bridge.
Try to repeat the setup process and ensure your passphrase is entered correctly using the correct case; if that fails see the question below.
I have completed the setup process and am very sure that I selected the correct wireless network to connect to and entered the correct security key but still I have no Internet access.
Repeat the setup process again, this time instead of selecting a SSID from the list, enter it manually character for character paying attention to the case. On the next page select your security, WEP, WPA or WPA2 and enter your password.
When searching for wirless networks I get an ?Index out of bounds? Error and I can?t continue.
The latest version of the software (5.0.3.0) which can be downloaded above will fix this issue.

Back