Intercepting mail/parcels?

channelking

Hi

Had letter from Royal Mail saying they have destroyed my item I sent to somebody as was dangerous goods which wasnt aware of.

Now how would they even know its a dangerous good with millions of items going through their network every day near enough? Have they got x ray machine to see what is in each package?

Really puzzled as to how this works as feel like been screwed over.

what was sent and did it contain batteries as thats lethal on a plane,sniffer dogs and xray machines are always in use + customs open packets to check contents and are security sealed back up.

These mail bombers have really wrecked it for everyone

They do have a list of items you are not aloud to send at the post office when you post an item

You have to look at it what if the item was for bad use and was sent to you
Most people would say they were not keeping us safe and doing their job

It like the checks at the airport. It has to be done

It sucks losing an item
If your the buyer of eBay or the likes I would go to eBay and make a clam

Those border patrol programmes on TV seem to check every parcel that comes in, I suppose nowadays they have to

when you sent the items they would have asked you at the post office with a list as mentioned earlier of items. PS if it's going abroad it's very strict in terms of whats allowed. batteries, medicines, foods etc.

what was sent and did it contain batteries as thats lethal on a plane,sniffer dogs and xray machines are always in use + customs open packets to check contents and are security sealed back up.

I get if goods sent going out of country and coming in the country are being opened and checked by customs. That is the normal procedure.

But I sent batteries within the UK to a friend not international. It was brand new and sealed so no way it could have leaked or exploded.

Seems Royal Mail are too strict on what they class as prohibited. I get some things can explode, leak, flammable etc but for some things they have classed I think its over the top.

Double standards also they screw me over by sending me a letter for sending prohibited item while sellers on ebay and amazon send all types of prohibited items through their and other postal networks around the country EVERY DAY.

These mail bombers have really wrecked it for everyone

They do have a list of items you are not aloud to send at the post office when you post an item

You have to look at it what if the item was for bad use and was sent to you
Most people would say they were not keeping us safe and doing their job

It like the checks at the airport. It has to be done

It sucks losing an item
If your the buyer of eBay or the likes I would go to eBay and make a clam

Get that mate I honestly do that they have to keep people safe.

But some of the prohibited items they ban are in my opinion over the top.

They also need to apply the same rules to EVERY ONE as they cant pick and choose who to go after.

Um I did actually check that.

The batteries I sent were rechargeable and according to the link I checked it said it can be posted.

Hence why I am angry as to what has happened.

Also dont buy the "destroy" prohibited items, more like sell it themselves and get a good extra profit.

That is the type of world it is now all about money.

Still dont understand how Royal Mail would find a prohibited item in their network will millions being sent every day.

IS X ray machines they use the way they find out? If so why dont they catch everyone sending prohibited items every day?

I know I done nothing wrong been screwed over by these thiefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
i buy all my batteries from ebay
Some of the main battery dealers on there have sales exceeding 100,000 transactions

Exactly pablo.

All types of sellers on ebay and amazon sell prohibited items like lighters, batteries every single day so how can it be they are being allowed while someone who has sent one item which is fine is screwed over.

Shows blatant favouritism to certain sellers/companies.

If prohibited items are being sent through their network and through the x ray machines then surely all should be picked up like has happened with me.

Like I said dont buy the BS rules and regulations Royal Mail have imposed and are following as they clearly are not adhering to what they preach.

No idea how they intercept parcels but how ever they do its a flawed system as it clearly isnt picking every one up.

Absolute joke.

Is you banned item on their list?

Not when I checked or even when asked post office.

They said rechargeable batteries are fine to send.

Hate the double standards all types of batteries and prohibited items get posted and yet vast majority of item they dont do crap. But randomly pick one item out. Dont get it.

open up a dispute if its not banned?

I did dispute but they said its prohibited despite me saying post office allowed it and no mention on their website of rechargeable batteries being banned.

Took my damn money and probably sold my item as well. Damn thief's.

I was going to send back a faulty sat box and they asked if it had batteries included so i had to remove them before posting

did you declare it as batteries?/
usually batteries can be sent, but, they have a special label attached as to the contents,
remember, most explosive devices are operated using batteries, so, unless you properly declared what you sent, I dont see they have done anything wrong.
oh, why dont they catch everyone?
its random checks, they cant check 100% of parcels
logic.

I guess you put a return address on the parcel, as they found out your address,
Maybe they only found out what the item was as your parcel was badly sealed and came open in transit

Back