Internet / Broadband services

doubleh

Does anyone know if anyone is offering Internet. I'm with VM at 100mb service but it drops out regularly. Not great at all. I cant seem to find a company that supply's Future Fibre but as its so new I can't get it. Is there another way to get fast reliable broadband. I am in Poole Dorset area.
Thanks

If you have been with Virgin for a number of years, the connections on your supply may need to be remade. I had a similar problem and after getting fed up with the drop outs, I got an engineer to look at my system and he said the connection do fail in time and need to be remade. The engineer checked and remade every joint from the street box to my router and since then it has been completely solid.

I have a Dlink Router for my WiFi as Virgin Hub 3 was dropping out all the time. I have the Hub 3 on a Modem only mode. It still drops out.
I have 100mbps through virgin and all the other alternatives only offer 30-60mbps which is a lot lower so I don't know what to do. It doesn't look like I can get Future Fiber either.
I've also had VM engineers out to try and sort the connections. The TV is fine too

ffering 60mbps but as its so much lower

I have a Dlink Router for my WiFi as Virgin Hub 3 was dropping out all the time. I have the Hub 3 on a Modem only mode. It still drops out.
I have 100mbps through virgin and all the other alternatives only offer 30-60mbps which is a lot lower so I don't know what to do. It doesn't look like I can get Future Fiber either.
I've also had VM engineers out to try and sort the connections. The TV is fine too

ffering 60mbps but as its so much lower
Why is 100mb so important?
IPTV runs fine on 20mb and even lower.
It's pointless sticking with 100mb if it's dropping out every ten minutes.
Better to have a reliable connection even if it's a lower speed.
If you have half a dozen teenagers constantly streaming and gaming then your IPTV may suffer if everyone online at the same time, but if there's only one other using it apart from your IPTV then 40-60 mb is fine

It's only me, my wife and my son. We run iptv, the usual vm with Prime and Netflix, with several phones browsing social media and my son gaming online. Also have 3 laptop that could be running at the same time.
Would you still say 40-60mbps is OK?

Gaming and IPTV will be ok on around 50mb.
Not sure what the laptops will be doing if the lad is gaming and you're watching IPTV.
Phones and laptops may be connected to WiFi but not using any bandwidth

Your could always take a look at a unlimted 4g sim and put it into a router. You just need to know if you have a good 4g/5g signal in your area.

Back