Internet speed issues and picture quality issue questions?

channelking

Hi guys,

I have been having some issues which I need help with.

Over the past few months I have been having poor internet speeds whereas previously it was good speeds. Is this down to having a splitter and extra coax cables and not the main coax cable in the router? I don't think it's my ISP throttling so not sure what's happened.

Also I have noticed the HD picture isnt brilliant like others but is still really good. Could this be because of the splitter and the extra coax cables?

But have others who have used a splitter and extra coax cables noticed speed changes compared to when the the original coax is in the router? Is this possible thats what I need to know?

Also does this setup affect picture quality compared to when feed is directly in as I dont think my quality is as great as it should be?

I am having similar issues on my venton unibox eco+ the Internet slows down considerably when the box is connected, I am also having issues with the channels flickering every few seconds, any help would be appreciated.

Hi, are you guys maybe ddos'ing yourself using mg_cam? There is an old config that needs edited to stop this happening, leave the box connected and go into softcam manager and stop the softcam and see if your internet speed returns, also can you log into your VM hub/modem and look at your power levels with the box connected and not, are you using the correct cables to split the signal? are your connection tight?

What is ddos'ing and how do I fix it? Just seems my internet slows down so thought maybe was equipment. Same with picture quality.

What exactly should the signal/power levels actually meant to be? Think mine was good obviously before using splitter.

Also I'm using splitter kit from online and all the cables are as tight as they can be.

Back