Intresting Sunday afternoon project

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Just upgraded my sons switch internal storage from 32GB to 256GB.

Another will be installing the new switch modchip on my daughters switch later this week.

Got to have something to do in lockdown.

Oh ok, thought all new models were same to solder mod chip.

Old models which dont need to be soldered bloody expensive though.

Oh ok, thought all new models were same to solder mod chip.

Old models which dont need to be soldered bloody expensive though.
More tiny soldering is required on the lite. Trouble is with a modchip it avoids you warranty. I think the chip is around £60

Im sure with new console some people may not bother especially if voids the warranty.

Older consoles seemed much safer I imagine to hack.

Personally I would not buy the sxos modchip it is too expensive. Wait a couple of weeks there will be a solution so you can use atmosphere the chip will only be around £15-£20

Reminds me when got my PS3 jailbroken YEARS ago, had to be downgraded and had to be soldered. Was beyond me tbh. Found a guy done it in a few hours.

Guessing principle is kinda same with the newer versions of the switch.

you can not play online with backup games on nintendo servers and once you start to run backups their is a chance your console can get banned,but their are ways to run through the lan option in games,like xlink kai and LAN Play Status | lan-play.com
No one really plays the switch online however there are workarounds as you mentioned hardly anyone uses them

If you have a game that you actually enjoy playing online it is best to buy it secondhand. That's the beauty of using the dual nand.

If you are pirating games there is a chance you can get banned,you have options to protect yourself but its not 100%,its the risk you take.

If you are pirating games there is a chance you can get banned,you have options to protect yourself but its not 100%,its the risk you take.
You will not get banned if you use the nintendo firmware and a original game.

The sxos side of your system should be in stealth mode.And you should always be using a dual nand.

The only game we paid for was fifa he ha been playing online fine for well over18 months.

What I am saying is you can have the best of both worlds.

You will not get banned if you use the nintendo firmware and a original game.

The sxos side of your system should be in stealth mode.And you should always be using a dual nand.

The only game we paid for was fifa he ha been playing online fine for well over18 months.

What I am saying is you can have the best of both worlds.
I use atmosphere,and I was on about games you have pirated that you can not play online with them,I should of been a bit clearer explaining.

Back