Invalid Server URL

Pottermus

Hi, hope someone can help?. I've been with my supplier for many years with little/no problem. I have however just been trying to install their app a new android phone, but I keep getting "invalid server url". I double checked and was able to install with no problem on a very old Samsung S7 (Android 7.0) - I am also using the apps with no problem on firesticks and Smart TV's
I suspect the latest problem may be related to either the new phone (Samsung S21) or the latest version 11 operating system. Does anyone have suggestions?

Does your supplier give you a server address, then you could try another IPTV app like xciptv or smarters pro.

Or maybe ask your supplier if he has a newer app.

Your supplier may need to pay to get his apps updated however, if only one or two customers have a issue may not bother just at the moment. You may have to pay for your own app.

Hi all, thanks for comments:
* I am using the latest app from supplier, they do have 3 or 4 different options - all show same issue described above. A few people have responded on suppliers forum that they have no problems, so don't expect much action from them. Nobody else reported using Samsung S21, but someone has no problem with galaxy flip (which I think is same operating system)
* Daktarin - Thanks for suggestion but I didnt think the app uses the browser??? However I have tried setting both chrome and opera as default browsers - no joy! 😢
* Asmad - I did try putting the url into Smarters pro, but suspect that I may have an old link. I have requested the latest server url to try, we wait and see..

Its not a major problem at present as everything is working on Firestick and both LG & Sony smart TV's. Might need to be looking for new supplier next year if this can't be resolved..

Best guess - the device that is causing you problems needs to be updated to accept new Root SSL Certificates if possible.

You could ask your provider if he has a webplayer. Basically, it's a webpage that you log into your iptv on using your phone Internet browser

Back