Invisible box on network

cactikid

VIP Member
Have an odd one here again reflashed my et10000 with a new last vix image and setup from scratch but fails to show a footprint on the network.

New image uses a password to gain entry with filezilla which works ok.

Samba is running and also tried nfs running no footprint with network scan,nfs removed.

Was told to tenet in and enter password which it noted and saved,box was rebooted and browser scan does not pick up box but picks up other boxes on network.

Network test say all green and adapter settings have info of addresses.

Network adapter from et reset still no box seen.

All boxes hard wired and switches in rooms.

Was working before on previous image when a bug needed a complete overhaul and no restores.

Laptop sees all network connected items and can open them on pc BUT et throws up a network connection error?

Have i missed something or might i had got a bug?

Stuck an old image on box and now it sees my box as it has a footprint.

Attachments

• old image.jpg
    old image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 16
Never got an answer to see why some boxes are not seen by box network browser as my Vu Zero never gets seen in the kitchen so cannot access elsewhere what is on the drive.
Do switches have a bearing on things as i have 3 x 4 in some rooms and 1 x 8 in another which was swapped and no change.

Never got an answer to see why some boxes are not seen by box network browser as my Vu Zero never gets seen in the kitchen so cannot access elsewhere what is on the drive.
Do switches have a bearing on things as i have 3 x 4 in some rooms and 1 x 8 in another which was swapped and no change.
Tis a strange one for sure,
I reflashed my main box with vix a few weeks ago, and like yours, it is no longer visible on the network,
I've had to plug the HDD into the router so my other box can see it,
My invisible box can access it as well, so it's on the network, just not visible.

Not just on new images as 3 different versions and the odd time i need samba and nfs running to be able to mount it.
Pc sees them all including both nas drives as one is hidden again.
So not just me then grand as not user error as normal..

Not just on new images as 3 different versions and the odd time i need samba and nfs running to be able to mount it.
Pc sees them all including both nas drives as one is hidden again.
So not just me then grand as not user error as normal..
I've been banging my head thinking I had missed a setting,
So I'm glad to see someone else has the same issue , lol

Back