iPhone 4 Micro-Sim

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

I ordered a micro-sim for my iPhone 4 from O2 im on pay as you go, will it mean i will be charged £10 to transfer my normal sim to the microsim card? i went in store on Friday and the customer service guy said it was free so i waited at the desk and then the other guy that came out said its free but you have to pay £10 to activate the micro-sim. Is this true as i cant find any information about this on the o2 wqebsite, if you ask me i think o2 are mis-leading customers at times.

Any one can you shed some light on it, how long will it take if i ordered my microsim? might just have to go in store and pay £10 get it activated ASAP.

Cheers

well im on AT&T, they have never charged me anything as far as dealing with sims go, old sims work too if u cut them to the size of a microsim. saw a video of it somewhere

J4v3d im on 3 and i didnt have to pay for my sim - but then im on contract. Surely when you get the iphone you get the sim free and top up as you would with payg - unless you bought the iphone sim free.
But you shouldn't have to pay to transfer your sim = i mean apparently you could cut your regular sim to make it fit - NOT that id suggest you do it!
personally id go to another store and ask even if its somewhere like carphonewarehouse or phones4u

well im on AT&T, they have never charged me anything as far as dealing with sims go, old sims work too if u cut them to the size of a microsim. saw a video of it somewhere

i've seen that and not willing to mess my sim up lol

J4v3d im on 3 and i didnt have to pay for my sim - but then im on contract. Surely when you get the iphone you get the sim free and top up as you would with payg - unless you bought the iphone sim free.
But you shouldn't have to pay to transfer your sim = i mean apparently you could cut your regular sim to make it fit - NOT that id suggest you do it!
personally id go to another store and ask even if its somewhere like carphonewarehouse or phones4u

apparently if your on o2 pay as you go then you get charged £10 to activate the micro-sim, Linny i bought the phone from eBay unlocked to all networks, came with no micro-sim. It slipped my mind that a normal sim doesnt fit the iPhone 4 lol, i think if your on contract then its free to get the micro-sim activated, i will pop in to carphone warehouse and phones4u sometime this week, hopefully today if i get the time, busy week ahead. Thanks Linny. :)

Now, don't know about your side of the water, but if my Sim card malfunctions for any reason, I can just go into a vodafone shop, and I think I can go into a Carphone Warehouse and they will just replace it and bill Vodafone.

UPDATE:
Javed, I just looked around the O2 website and it says free micro sim, you can order it online>>>here
Code:
http://freesim.o2.co.uk/GCqTyRbb

at the bottom of this page it clearly says "Send Me My Free Sim"

Last edited:
@wheelo i did that like last week and still waiting for it to be delivered, it says free on the site, but i cant find anywhere that states "£10 activation fee for pay as you go customers" I told the guy from o2 to go and swivel on it, i told him it says on the website that its completely free and one of your colleagues said it was, when he asked him he denied it, i was like people that want jobs cant get any because we have bloody numpties working, and then he goes its free but the system wont let us hand out the microsim before you pay £10, i told him you have one crappy system, just swindling money out from your customers anyway you can, plenty of people heard it as well, his reply, sorry boss i cant help you, my response, if i was your boss i would have sacked you on the spot, a wasted journey! will be paying carphone warehouse and phone4u a visit and see what they say to me.

Back