Iphone 7 still any good

plasterer

Hi my sister in law has been offered a mint condition iphone 7, for £100
Are these still supported, and once support stops. Wot effect will it have on the phone. Many thanks.... Paul

Hi bud the iPhone 7 is still supported at present but they are discontinuing the iPhone 7 in September 2022 after there discontinued all it will mean is that they won’t update to latest iOS all apps ect will still work ect.
How Long Will Iphone 7 Be Supported With Updates? In some cases, Apple still supports its products until five years after they are discontinued, except for a few. As of September of 2022, the iPhone 7 will no longer be supported.

Personally for extra £320 she could get the iPhone se 2020 model brand new imo the main thing with iOS is the battery health I still have the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
On a separate note she could also go to local phone repair shops they may have phones for sale with say 12 month warranty on parts and battery

Cheers Baz, thanks for the advice.
Think se 2020 is out of reach for her.
But only a low end user so as long as most apps will work, that will do her.
Cheers mate... Paul (y)

Cheers Baz, thanks for the advice.
Think se 2020 is out of reach for her.
But only a low end user so as long as most apps will work, that will do her.
Cheers mate... Paul (y)
dude it will keep working even apple stops its support. Yes battery can be an issue but it can be replaced from market. easily available in market.

dude it will keep working even apple stops its support. Yes battery can be an issue but it can be replaced from market. easily available in market.
"Market" , as in FB Market ?
Mine even more ancient , iphone 6s , but I could do with replacing the battery.

iPhone 7 is still good. Will last you couple year, but the battery and slowness will probably soon catch-up. Depends how long you wanting to keep the phone.

if you check hotukdeals and keep an eye on deals when ebay has 20% discount codes, you can usually get a good deal from musicmagpie. something like a iphone Xs max for about £200 or Xr for about £180. obviously that's twice the price but you'll get a decent iphone that will last. for the £100 ish price point you'll get some good budget android options. i gave up my 6s last year, which i got at launch. it was so slow and always running out of space. the i7 wasn't notably better specced. i'd check out what models will be available and what are dropped with ios16 and i'd bet the oldest ones that will work will be dropped next year, so i'd suggest avoiding anything that's likely to be dropped next year, unless it's an amazing bargain like £50, but for £100 you can get a half decent android or your part way towards a decent old iphone

if you check hotukdeals and keep an eye on deals when ebay has 20% discount codes, you can usually get a good deal from musicmagpie. something like a iphone Xs max for about £200 or Xr for about £180. obviously that's twice the price but you'll get a decent iphone that will last. for the £100 ish price point you'll get some good budget android options. i gave up my 6s last year, which i got at launch. it was so slow and always running out of space. the i7 wasn't notably better specced. i'd check out what models will be available and what are dropped with ios16 and i'd bet the oldest ones that will work will be dropped next year, so i'd suggest avoiding anything that's likely to be dropped next year, unless it's an amazing bargain like £50, but for £100 you can get a half decent android or your part way towards a decent old iphone
Yeh the XR are good value now. I paid £165 for one at the start of the year and it still pulls it weight

The xr xs max iPhone 6/6+ x iPhone 7/7+ 8/8+ect have all been discontinued along with others and will stop receiving updates.
1 phone for next year that is been discontinued is the iPhone 11 with the launch of iPhone 14 due in September 22
Backmarket usually has good deals on reconditioned phones

I’ve got 15.6 on mine. I thought the 8 upwards were getting 16 just not with all the features. Planned on keeping it for another year 😂

I’ve got 15.6 on mine. I thought the 8 upwards were getting 16 just not with all the features. Planned on keeping it for another year 😂

iOS 16 Compatible iPhone List

8 is the oldest phone gettiong ios16. i'd suggest upgrading sooner as you are likely to get a better resale value on the phone if it's supporting the latest IOS when you sell it. i just kept my 6s as it's selling as low as £50 or something and i'd get about £30 for trade in. i'd rather keep it as a spare than sell for £30. i still have my ipad 3 with 3g that i didn't want to sell so cheap. it's just sat in a box for years. i got an ipad pro 2 for £200 or something recently. spent a while reading up specs and saw the ipad pro had more ram than the newer cheaper model and i think the XS had more ram than the SE or the older cheaper models from around that time, so the extra ram is likely to make it more upgradable to IOS for a bit longer. unless you are using the camera, the older phones are just doing pretty much the same thing as the new ones, whilst in the earlier years of smartphones the differences were bigger. same with PCs and laptops these days, we've reached a limit where even a 10 year old pc can do what most people do, surf the web and stuff like that. it's only if you want to do gaming or video editing or something like that where you need the power

iOS 16 Compatible iPhone List

8 is the oldest phone gettiong ios16. i'd suggest upgrading sooner as you are likely to get a better resale value on the phone if it's supporting the latest IOS when you sell it. i just kept my 6s as it's selling as low as £50 or something and i'd get about £30 for trade in. i'd rather keep it as a spare than sell for £30. i still have my ipad 3 with 3g that i didn't want to sell so cheap. it's just sat in a box for years. i got an ipad pro 2 for £200 or something recently. spent a while reading up specs and saw the ipad pro had more ram than the newer cheaper model and i think the XS had more ram than the SE or the older cheaper models from around that time, so the extra ram is likely to make it more upgradable to IOS for a bit longer. unless you are using the camera, the older phones are just doing pretty much the same thing as the new ones, whilst in the earlier years of smartphones the differences were bigger. same with PCs and laptops these days, we've reached a limit where even a 10 year old pc can do what most people do, surf the web and stuff like that. it's only if you want to do gaming or video editing or something like that where you need the power
If you don’t play a lot to games or make much use of the camera then the only difference you’ll notice is the battery and screen between older and new models.

Back