Ipod Nano 1st gen: apples replacement program

I dont know if this is the correct place to put this but im sure it will find its place somewhere:
Iv just stumbled across this and after looking into it apple have been replacing nano 1st gen ipods as there is a fault that they have just discovered, the thing that really interested me was Iv found out they have been replacing some with nano 6th Gen, This could be until they was getting more 1st gen in to start refurbishing who knows but whats to lose.
I had an old nano 1st gen in the back of a kitchen drawer that never gets used so thought, Why not ROFL
filled in the form and they are sending me all packaging and instructions to send it back to them.........Happy Dayz
Follow the link

Code:
http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to update/confirm, I got the package from Apple this morning it took 4wk and they have replaced my old (not used anymore) ipod nano 2gb with a brand new ipod nano 6gen 8gb. Not a bad swap :woohoo:

Thats right, I bought this from ebay about 2 years ago for £12, for nothing more than to see what it was like, I never used it tbh (im terrible for gadgets). Anyway it got threw into a kitchen drawer (as they do) and just left there. As its been in there it got scratched and a little battered as you would expect. A friend (who knows I have just about every gadget lol) got in touch an told me about this that apple are doing (the reason behind it all is they installed batteries that arnt too clever, chance of explosion) so I thought "its worth looking at, just to see how it goes" I had nothing to lose so I filled in the form online, they sent all the packaging to send it back, 4 weeks later and they replaced it with a newer/bigger/better model. Just put another friend onto this an she is waiting for hers back too. Its worth buying a cheap one from ebay and doing this yourself lol, not many people seem to have heard about this!!

haaha brilliant idea!

ive just ebayed and found the 1st gen for around £35 & £230 & 6th gen for upto £150 so not bad if you got one for £35 and get one back worth around £150 :)

Last edited:
Iv been seriously thinking about buying a couple, getting them replaced and then selling them back on. I suppose you could double your money at least lol

Back