IPTV Add Bouquets Freezes Zgemma

Hi all - been using IPTV on a Zgemma H2s for about 4 years, provider is pretty stable but they needed to do some server work last week and advised re-adding IPTV. I've done that plenty of times before, but it failed and just freezes completely now.

I'm on OpenATV 6.2 and installed Grogbuild from other threads on here - box is connected via ethernet direct to the router. Provider then sent me a new ipk which installed ok and I can see the IPTV in my plugins, main menu and as a source for EPG. But when I try to run the 'Add IPTV' it seems to start ok (saves the EPG importer) and then starts 'downloading providers file'. Says 'Downloading m3u file' -- Installing EPG Importer -- EPG Importer Installed No packages removed.

And then nothing for a minute or so, the spinner appears and that's it. Wait for ages, even left it for an hour or so to see if it just needed time but nothing. I can then only manually reboot the box as it's frozen.

I'm a bit of a novice but can work my way around Webif and PuTTy as required. Can anyone advise on any other settings I need to check / are missing? Or should I go back to my provider (I'm not sure it's their issue to be honest!). Or do I need to bite the bullet and trash the box and buy a new one?

Pulling my hair out a bit so any advice at all would be really gratefully received. Thanks everyone!

Hi all - been using IPTV on a Zgemma H2s for about 4 years, provider is pretty stable but they needed to do some server work last week and advised re-adding IPTV. I've done that plenty of times before, but it failed and just freezes completely now.

I'm on OpenATV 6.2 and installed Grogbuild from other threads on here - box is connected via ethernet direct to the router. Provider then sent me a new ipk which installed ok and I can see the IPTV in my plugins, main menu and as a source for EPG. But when I try to run the 'Add IPTV' it seems to start ok (saves the EPG importer) and then starts 'downloading providers file'. Says 'Downloading m3u file' -- Installing EPG Importer -- EPG Importer Installed No packages removed.

And then nothing for a minute or so, the spinner appears and that's it. Wait for ages, even left it for an hour or so to see if it just needed time but nothing. I can then only manually reboot the box as it's frozen.

I'm a bit of a novice but can work my way around Webif and PuTTy as required. Can anyone advise on any other settings I need to check / are missing? Or should I go back to my provider (I'm not sure it's their issue to be honest!). Or do I need to bite the bullet and trash the box and buy a new one?

Pulling my hair out a bit so any advice at all would be really gratefully received. Thanks everyone!
Ask your provider if he has changed to HEVC streams, most have.
If he has that box won't open the streams as its way too old.

I would not be using 6.2 to start with its years old so update to 6.4 then try.Try using jedi maker plugin if you have the url/user/pass details. As been mentioned if streams are in High Efficiency Video Coding your box will not play them and you need to look at upgrading your hardware.

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I will try each suggestion now and see how it goes

Thanks again guys. Ryanm56 - connected with VPN, and no change - freezes in exactly the same place.

And so sorry for the wrong info posted above, I was looking at my one note file for my old box from 6 years ago! This box is a H5, with Openatv 6.4. I’ve downloaded Jedi maker but haven’t got the url so have asked for that to see if that helps.

But based on h5 and openatv 6.4 is there anything else I should check? It’s really frustrating because I can see all the bouquet names in the etc/enigma2 folder so I know they are there!

Anyway - cheers for helping so far, any other advice would be great

Just a quick update to round this off and hopefully help anyone getting the same issue with a fix. Got the url from my provider so I could use jedi maker and it worked perfectly first time. Didn't crash, bouquets created really quickly as well and all IPTV channels from there are working ok. Anyone reading this thread and thinking jedi maker sounds too technical don't be put off - it's really easy to use and has lots of extra features I've not played with yet.

Thank you so much each of you who commented - you have saved me the cost of new box at least!

Back