IPTV AND VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole issue that this thread has been regarding is issues with Sly broadband. Everyone commenting Virmin is ok, So and so is ok with VPN doesnt help the guys with the issue that there service is blocked and a VPN is not working

If some people are getting blocked and others are not it must be something to do with the end users setup surely.
How though . Mine was mint no buffering watching movies with the kids in the morning. Mint all week for the missus watching shite. Footballs on off it bloody goes ten minutes after footballs finished and hey presto it’s mint again no buffering or anything. To say it’s a set up problem is balls sorry mate

The whole issue that this thread has been regarding is issues with Sly broadband. Everyone commenting Virmin is ok, So and so is ok with VPN doesnt help the guys with the issue that there service is blocked and a VPN is not working
Totally agree stupid saying vm works not a lot of people can even get vm . And I’ve tried two isp’s and they both been the same. I’ve tried sky and voda

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with bt just purchased a spider vpn router but only received it today.Watched all footy over the weekend and 3pm kick off all was fine from start to finish.Will do some speed tests over the next few days with and without vpn on and will post them on the thread makido set up.

It’s effecting everyone on every isp!
Try putting vpn on before the game if not working!

I use liberty shield was sound for me and some family

Last edited by a moderator:
I have may vpn constantly on and on everey device in the house i don't know if it makes a difference.

I have may vpn constantly on and on everey device in the house i don't know if it makes a difference.

which is probably the best thing to do.

switch on a vpn when connected to your iptv server may result in the server seeing you trying to connect from 2 different ips at the same time and will block you.

set up your vpn and use it on the devices that need it if your speed allows it.

having had many issues over the last few weekends with my Magbox I bought a Liberty Shield router with VPN and have tested it for a few days now and am quite pleased.
I got all the weekend sports, inc Premier League, with no problems with my Portal at all.
Better still the stream quality was as good as ever and I did not get any 'stuttering' or buffering.

whether this is due to the hard work of my IPTV guy off this forum, or by now having a VPN I don't know -
but I am a very happy bunny
Long may this continue

I was just wondering if the free ones had been targeted, as I know Netflix doesn't work on some of the free servers, but if you use the ones available once paid, then it works.
I get us netflix when using my vpn lol but I've always known frre vpns can track your data ect

I see this thread has veered around and round in circles, mainly because there are so many unknowns.
Two houses with same providers (ISP and iptv) can have different results. VPN works in certain areas, not in others.
I personally think that the broadband providers are attacking on a regional basis, and different regions each time around.
I believe that I am on the same server as the original poster, and I never have any problems. The fact I am in ROI has a bearing on that, but it also proves that the provider end is sound, it is being disrupted somewhere along the line in the UK. (This specific provider, not generally, as I can't attest to that(even if I suspect so)).
The fact that Netflix and YouTube, etc. are being affected, would suggest, would it not, that it is the broadband into the house being affected (IPTV supplier has no bearing on that).
I don't think anyone accused you of lying dt99, merely pointed out that many others on the same network were watching at the same time. The football providers (SKY and Virgin) are playing a cagey game this time around, with not just a blanket ban, they are being selective, and I don't think the IPTV suppliers have a handle on it just yet.
This may be a deliberate ploy to discourage people from buying IPTV as the forums are full of stories of how crap IPTV is.

@wheelo I appreciate your input but trust me, the email I received last night point blank called me a liar, but like I say I'm not Interested in a blame game or he said/she said. IPTV is going downhill in my opinion and I'm not taking part it in any more, that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

@wheelo I appreciate your input but trust me, the email I received last night point blank called me a liar, but like I say I'm not Interested in a blame game or he said/she said. IPTV is going downhill in my opinion and I'm not taking part it in any more, that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Seems like you need to get the refund (which is very unlike most iptv servers so you're lucky). Get a few trials and find the best one. Even then stick to 1 month subs or 3. I know they are more expensive in the long run but not as expensive as sly and vermin. And if you run into any more problems like this you always can shop around or worst case scenario, only out a couple of quid. People forget we've never been so lucky to have every channel around the world and even access to games we never had. So to even have the possibility of watching them is incredible

The trouble is the issues seem to be very random. however, if we could somehow see a few peoples setup there probably is one thing they have in common causing the issues.

Seems like you need to get the refund (which is very unlike most iptv servers so you're lucky
Funnily enough, a mod from here secured that for him!!

The trouble is the issues seem to be very random. however, if we could somehow see a few peoples setup there probably is one thing they have in common causing the issues.

That's exactly the problem - because if the randomness, it puts iptv supplier against customers as they cant believe it is not the supplier at fault.
I firmly believe it is the ISP to blame and it is not a specific thing they are doing, it is many things to different people and different areas so the iptv suppliers cant get a handle on it, then circumvent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back