IPTV Freezing and no it's not the sub.

Provider has said there are issues with some sports due to xc problems, but would this affect all devices?

Nvidia sheild is a top device iti s weird how they perform i have an old zgemma star 2s runs very nice odd glitch but not bad at all

Had this very problem with my zgemma. Tried numerous providers and the problem was the same. Sold my zgemma and bought a android box which doesn’t seem to have these problems at all. Watched mine for weeks without a problem on my tx3 mini. Only thing it struggles with is 4k

so you take out a subscription after a successful trial and it goes downhill? and you blame the provider, who is giving out trials all the time from the same server(s) their customers are connected to therefore they can't be selling any more lines.?

I don't believe thats the case, what would be the point in annoying current customers and not getting any new ones?
Often, trials are from a dedicated server that doesn't bear the same loads, when you subscribe, you're switched over.

I can guarantee mate if you put a usb memory stick on the back of the box it wont freeze anymore. I had a stick on, no problems, i took it off to see what would happen froze within a minute. I use a 16gb Sandisk Cruzer dont use an unbranded stick. The box doesnt have much memory it will use the usb stick as a buffer which helps. Also the ZGemma does get quite hot too when its streaming.
I have similar problems usually when I change channels after 2/3 minutes it freezes (mostly on Atlantic)
Have 2 Hs2 boxes on a multiroom package one hardly ever freezes one very often always put right by changing channel then returning to the original.
Tried changing from DVB TO IPTV but no improvement.
The difference is on the good box its got a memory stick in, and on the freezing one I have a 320g hard drive plugged into the usb port mounted etc .
Do you think the problem could be the hard drive ?

I have similar problems usually when I change channels after 2/3 minutes it freezes (mostly on Atlantic)
Have 2 Hs2 boxes on a multiroom package one hardly ever freezes one very often always put right by changing channel then returning to the original.
Tried changing from DVB TO IPTV but no improvement.
The difference is on the good box its got a memory stick in, and on the freezing one I have a 320g hard drive plugged into the usb port mounted etc .
Do you think the problem could be the hard drive ?

Get it on my Zgemma i55 too.

No pattern to it, it'll either just lock up the stream or the stream will go black.

If I channel switch it's perfect again.

My Android box is faultless, just really like the EPG etc on the Zgemma.

Get it on my Zgemma i55 too.

No pattern to it, it'll either just lock up the stream or the stream will go black.

If I channel switch it's perfect again.

My Android box is faultless, just really like the EPG etc on the Zgemma.
I have read all the replys on this subject everyone seems to have different ideas about the problem cause.
One of my boxes is good the other has the fault, both set up the same, supplier, only difference is one has a stick in the back and the problem box has a hard drive in the usb slot.
Going to put a stick in it just to see if it makes any difference.

Hey Accord, did you try the stick in the other box, did it fix the problem? I have n old hard drive in the back of the box.

I have the same problem, Zgemma H2s, Open ATV 6, Woos build Infinity, BBC1, BBC2, ITV all glitching and unwatchable, SKY Premier HD bad, and others are bad, quite a few channels play smooth, E2iplayer, runs perfect, so internet not the problem, IPTV service runs great on pc using MU3 streams, tried all suggestions including running iptv script on raw Open ATV 6 flash, created swap file, cash flush plugin, but not with a usb or sd card instead of hard drive., need to purchase.

Cheers Jim

Glad I found this thread - the channels freezing on my H2S were driving me mad as they didn't freeze on other devices.

I've a couple of things to try tonight:
1. "'flash expander' from the plugins section"
2. "you need to use service app to switch the player to ext3player (5002) or GST player (5001)"

I'm not sure where the setting mentioned in #2 is so if anyone knows could they enlighten me?

Thanks!

Glad I found this thread - the channels freezing on my H2S were driving me mad as they didn't freeze on other devices.

I've a couple of things to try tonight:
1. "'flash expander' from the plugins section"
2. "you need to use service app to switch the player to ext3player (5002) or GST player (5001)"

I'm not sure where the setting mentioned in #2 is so if anyone knows could they enlighten me?

Thanks!

Download serviceapp from the plugin section.
Go into usage an GUI and change it to EXT3 5002

How do you import your IPTV channels ?
If its suls ( m3ubouquetmaker ) or xtreameditor, then go into it and change stream type to 5002

How do you import your IPTV channels ?
If its suls ( m3ubouquetmaker ) or xtreameditor, then go into it and change stream type to 5002

Thanks for the info on serviceapp.

I import my channels via a script and then I go to EPG Importer to load them in

Hope this helps people. I've ran a sub on a few different devices, the best of them being firestick but also zgemma h2s,i55 etc.

On the zgemma I have all the issues spoken about (especially the channel stalling which is fixed by flicking away and back to the channel) but these issues don't occur on the firstick and many other people say the same who I know. That got me thinking and after playing with a few things I downloaded 'flash expander' from the plugins section and set it up with a 16gb stick. Big improvement running wise and as of this morning it will be 2 full days without a stall which used to common.
HI Micklannon
I have the same problems as you had and busy trying the flash expander. So far it seems to be working. Your help is appreciated

Hi Mick
I had the same issues as you had. Busy trying the flash expander as suggested. I looks as if it is working. Appreciate your assistence

I know this is an old thread but I have been experiencing freezing after 1-2 minutes when watching IPTV streams on my H2H, running Whooshbuild.

I managed to fix the freezing by changing the stream type to 5002 within e2m3bouquet maker and also changing the m3u download file output type to m3u8 rather than ts. The later output type appeared to be the real fix to the issue.

Hopefully the above helps anybody with a similar issue.

Back