Iptv/internet promlems

makido

VIP Member
Hi guys

Can someone help me work this one out cos its driving me mad. Im running IPTV on my solo4k perfectly, then I lose all IPTV channels on the box, so I try and load the m3u file up on my laptop but it wont let me connect to it through my own internet I have to put my vpn on. I can load the m3u up if I use my neighbours/mates internet though.
I tried changing DNS settings but still the same. I finally figured out after two days that if I reset my router to factory it sorts it, but it dont last long till their gone again.
My line for sly channels still work when IPTV gone off.

One area you can check is that BT and VM provide a service to provide you with 'safe browsing'. Check on both your router and your online account that these options are disabled. They can in some cases block your IPTV service.

The other possibility is that your IPTV provider has blocked your IP address. Your m3u playlist will be of the format http://xxxxxx.yyy:9999/etc.. In the Command Window in Windows type "ping xxxxx.yyy" (using the domain information from your m3u file). Try this when your box has lost connection and at a neighbour/mates. If the ping fails at your home but works elsewhere, your IPTV provider has blocked your IP address. Provide them with your IP address and they will normally unlock it.

If I factory reset the router then it all comes back on again and iptv works on the box and I can get on the m3u list from my laptop without running vpn Just dont get why its happening, and keeps going off. ive got no safe mode enabled. I did think at first my ip had been blocked, but my providers sound, so the problem lays my end somewhere, but where I just dont know

The factory reset will potentially result in a new IP address from your ISP. When you have the issue try the ping test with and without VPN. If the ping fails without VPN then repeat with tracert instead of ping. This will tell you at which step through the internet that you are being blocked. If you are being blocked one step from the provider's server then talk to your IPTV provider.

For the IPTV provider, blocking of IP addresses is an automated process. There may be something that you are doing by accident that is tripping their rules to block an IP address.

Back