IPTV issues on Enigma2 box

I have tested Edision osmini and dinobot 4k+ (Enigma2 boxes with openvix and pure2 respectively) at a family members house. They have community fibre (Linksys velop router) and neither boxes work for IPTV.

I used the same m3u files and they work with VLC player and android phone at their home, connected to the same Linksys velop router.

I checked whether the IPTV on the boxes were set up correctly at my house (which has Hyperoptic) and both boxes work with IPTV.

Any ideas what is causing this? Am I missing something?

I have tested Edision osmini and dinobot 4k+ (Enigma2 boxes with openvix and pure2 respectively) at a family members house. They have community fibre (Linksys velop router) and neither boxes work for IPTV.

I used the same m3u files and they work with VLC player and android phone at their home, connected to the same Linksys velop router.

I checked whether the IPTV on the boxes were set up correctly at my house (which has Hyperoptic) and both boxes work with IPTV.

It sounds like you are missing everything 😆
Did you perform a network test when the boxes were at their houses?

Yes, the boxes were connecting at her house. I tested this by doing a system update of openvix and pure2, also managed to go in to download plugins.

Network test showed everything was ok. Just the IPTV was not working at all.

It is so weird, I am a bit perplexed.

Could a router block IPTV working from specific devices (enigma2 boxes)? The same IPTV playlist is working via VLC and android phone.

Perhaps the Linksys router has antivirus and/or parental control settings that need to be disabled for IPTV.

I connected a new router and all working fine now. Looks like the firmware on the community fibre Linksys velop router was blocking all the enigma2 boxes.
I know it's been nearly 2 years but can you give an update on that router situation? As I'm due to move to community fibre. Thank you

In London NW6 sInce April 2022 I have Commnuity Fibre 600Mbps Broadband, that comes via a Modem into a Linksys wired/wireless router from which I connected an ethernet cable into my Asus router that distributes wired broadband via a HP 24-port switch into 8 rooms as well as dual band wifi signals throughout the house. No issues with IPTV and never had to use VPN. Using Zgemma H9 Combo boxes for satellite, terrestrial and IPTV.
Home Network includes 1m Satellite Dish, 17/16 Satellite MultiSwitch, HP 24-Port Ethernet Switch, MK Wall Plates in each room. PM anytime for more information/advice.

Last edited:
SInce April 2022 I have Commnuity Fibre 600Mbps Broadband, that comes via a modem into a Linksys wired/wireless router from which I connected an ethernet cable into my Asus router that distributes wired broadband via a HP switch into 8 rooms as well as dual band wifi signals throughout the house. No issues with IPTV and never had to use VPN. Using Zgemma H9 Combo boxes for satellite, terrestrial and IPTV.
thanks for that. Looks like I might ask them for a switch considering there`s only one port in that router

Back