IPTV. MAGBOX. VODAFONE GIGA CUBE.

I'm moving to a Static Caravan Site next month. I'm only going to be there a few months before I relocate to a new house. I currently have a Magbox 256 and I'm on TalkTalk. The Caravan Site's Wifi is diabolical and apparently gives you 1mb if you're lucky. People have suggested a Vodafone Giga Cube, but I keep hearing Vodafone are blocking IPTV. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to use the GigaCube successfully, or advise me on an alternative plan. According to speed tests, Vodafone are about the only company who's phone signal works inside and outside the caravan, which is surrounded by tall trees.

I think it really depends on your IPTV supplier as some offer their services with built on vpn
But presently only internet provider not throttling nor blocking anything is post office broadband section

Cheers!! Its gunna be awkward then. The Vodafone GigaBox gets me past the diabolical Caravan Park Wifi but they will suss my IPTV usage and cut me down. The Post Office (to my knowledge) dont do a 4g Wifi no phone line alternative ☹ Someone has suggested a small dish pointing to the nearest phone mast, which is Vodafones about 500 yards away but I wouldn't know the first thing about how/if that gets me around the IPTV issues, or if it's even possible with all the surrounding trees. I did warn that I am 'clueless' in my 'Introduction Forum' post but again, forgive my clueless ness...if that's even a word

In that case it us better to get an independent router which can take a data sim card
Such WiFi routers exist like tplink and u just add the data sim card like three pay as u go put the sim card inside the small WiFi router and use it to get internet on your device.
U will not depend on anyone

In that case it us better to get an independent router which can take a data sim card
Such WiFi routers exist like tplink and u just add the data sim card like three pay as u go put the sim card inside the small WiFi router and use it to get internet on your device.
U will not depend on anyone

Now that sounds like top notch advice. Thank You!! I will look into getting a tplink wifi router. I'm only gunna be at the Caravan Park for a couple of months and then moving into a new brick and mortar dwelling, so was trying to avoid 12 / 18 month contracts.

I tested my wifi router with three 4G and working great so when I travel with my tvip box I can still watch

thought it was only vodaphone that works?

Surely any other sim would be useless!
When I checked for best reception, Vodafone said it will provide 4g inside and outside. Three said good outside and inside 'may be' a problem....so If I use a Vodafone sim, they will cut me back when they suss I'm using IPTV....and if I put a Three sim in it, it might not give me enough to watch IPTV anyway. I'm getting an headache now, just trying to fathom what to do.

Sorry, thought you’d actually carried out speed tests yourself. Don’t rely on what the providers say, ask your neighbours to get accurate answers.

Back