IPTV Not Working when EPL is on even with VPN

Have noticed some VPNs really do struggle not just with blocks but for other things as well. Maybe overloaded server with too many people connected who knows.

There are couple which are top draw though but again this may differ from individual to individual.

Have noticed some VPNs really do struggle not just with blocks but for other things as well. Maybe overloaded server with too many people connected who knows.

There are couple which are top draw though but again this may differ from individual to individual.
I doubt the VPN Servers are getting overloaded. Us IPTV take up a tiny % of VPN users so I doubt they've been hit hard in that front. It's more likely the big time broadband providers are throttling VPNS now making it seem that way.

I doubt the VPN Servers are getting overloaded. Us IPTV take up a tiny % of VPN users so I doubt they've been hit hard in that front. It's more likely the big time broadband providers are throttling VPNS now making it seem that way.

Ye more than likely mate.

But some VPNs do seem to be having more problems than others though.

This will be the reason for A lot of users
It’s called Traffic management!
Will explain more about it.
Can a VPN Stop Throttling by your ISP - VPN Compare
VM have stopped traffic managment. So it says on website without proof to the contrary we have to beleive them. I have got to be honest my speeds hardly change between a few meg. However, Nord VPN has never been good for me on any network BT, Virgin or talktalk never tried surf shark. What is probably happening is surf shark is killing your speeds or increasing your ping rate so high that IPTV is unwatchable.

Last edited:
Looked into the problem a bit more about VPNs and virgin it is by no means a new issue, and although it is virgins fault it is nothing to do with them blocking VPNs. The problem started when they realsed the superhub 3.0 mainly caused by the Puma 6 chipset. A update was done to try and fix the issue which worked for some people and not others. Then it was advised to turn off family safe safe settings which worked for a good few people amd for people it did not work for they had to buy a new router and put the hub into modem mode. Since then they have upgraded the puma chipset and turning off family safe settings seems to work for most people. As it looks like the problem is very intermittent could it be the people who are having problems have the older superhub 3.0 with puma 6 chipset.

I have only had Virgin for about a month so i am confident mine is pretty much up to date. And i tried most VPNS and all work obviously with different results. All i have done is turn off family safe settings which is advised when using IPTV anyway.

I have been having a similar problem with vermin and surfshark but only affecting sky sport channels connec via Manchester. But sometimes London also. Tried all settings in surfshark with no succes. Triying PureVpn at the moment so far no problem.
It also seems an issue with the IPTV supplier since never had this problem before.

I have been having a similar problem with vermin and surfshark but only affecting sky sport channels connec via Manchester. But sometimes London also. Tried all settings in surfshark with no succes. Triying PureVpn at the moment so far no problem.
It also seems an issue with the IPTV supplier since never had this problem before.
Some suppers may not want you to use VPN. you don't normally set VPN to UK city sort of defeats the point.

Change location to Luxembourg on surfshark

Some suppers may not want you to use VPN. you don't normally set VPN to UK city sort of defeats the point.
I have had suppliers who actually tie you to first connected country with vpn have had to ask them to unlock it as from using other countries rather than uk never had any problems really on enigma2 we are not tolking android streamng apps that may have been bought from other countries that you need to use vpn connected to that country to get them working.

They always say the closer to you the better and setting a vpn to uk if in the uk dosnt defeat the object as its still pinging a different ip and location to what you are actually in
I have had suppliers who actually tie you to first connected country with vpn have had to ask them to unlock it as from using other countries rather than uk never had any problems really on enigma2 we are not tolking android streamng apps that may have been bought from other countries that you need to use vpn connected to that country to get them working.
all that is ip lock so will lock to the first connection its not the providers it’s the panels.
If you have a vpn set to auto connect it will lock to which ever country it connects too first.
They don’t even have to unblock it just go into your vpn and manually choose a country then login to your iptv and will connect instantly

They always say the closer to you the better and setting a vpn to uk if in the uk dosnt defeat the object as its still pinging a different ip and location to what you are actually in

all that is ip lock so will lock to the first connection its not the providers it’s the panels.
If you have a vpn set to auto connect it will lock to which ever country it connects too first.
They don’t even have to unblock it just go into your vpn and manually choose a country then login to your iptv and will connect instantly
I have one just now I have just asked to get vpn unlocked it will only conenct to uk. I did try one of this suppliers panels a few years back managed to get one with 12 credits i,e, cost of a normal years sub but that was a mistake on their part at the time :smiley:
And on the panel you can select vpn to auto or select which country but it could just be isp lock as you say.

When they say closest country. They mean closest country to actual server you are trying to connect to. That's the way I read it

Back