IPTV on E2 box help

scouse645

Hi, been using iptv script on my vu duo2 on atv image for a while now, been fine until recently, now when watching iptv channels it crashes the box every day, anyone else having this problem? or have any idea how to fix it?

Flash it with Openvix 5.1 if it is a genuine box, see if that is more stable.

Don't know why you would go for ATV if you have an officially supported box by Vix

So it must be the way you have the IPTV set up.

Have you tried using the XCplugin to run it ?

can't get the ipad image on there, doesn't seem to like it, it was working well until the last few weeks, so i must have set it up ok then.

put vix back on and used putty to generate a Bouquet, following my providers instructions, still crashing though.

Sounds like issue with the Script m8..
Wipe the box and them pull down a standard Freeview bouquet and then TEST and see if the box crashes etc.
if you have USB or HD plugged in, possibly clear them too or use another Stick to TEST etc.
Contact your suppler and ask if the script etc has changed or something, seems the logical way to move forward with your issues.

Sounds like issue with the Script m8..
Wipe the box and them pull down a standard Freeview bouquet and then TEST and see if the box crashes etc.
if you have USB or HD plugged in, possibly clear them too or use another Stick to TEST etc.
Contact your suppler and ask if the script etc has changed or something, seems the logical way to move forward with your issues.
thanks, the thing is i have 2 iptv subs from different suppliers and both do the same thing on the vu, i have a xtrend 8500 which seems ok with iptv, must be something specific to the vu box, i have tried most images on it and still the same, maybe i won't use that box for iptv if i can't sort it, the box only crashes on iptv, all other uses of the box are no problem.

Last edited:
Hi, been using iptv script on my vu duo2 on atv image for a while now, been fine until recently, now when watching iptv channels it crashes the box every day, anyone else having this problem? or have any idea how to fix it?
Use an official image like vix or openATV the iPab image is ok for clone box's
What you need to do is make sure the software is up to date also the image every now and then have a new build meaning that the new build for the image needs a fresh flash without restoring the plugins or the settings

Use an official image like vix or openATV the iPab image is ok for clone box's
What you need to do is make sure the software is up to date also the image every now and then have a new build meaning that the new build for the image needs a fresh flash without restoring the plugins or the settings
Thanks for reply, i have done a bit of searching around and many like openPli for iptv, so iv'e started from scratch with openPli image, sorted the iptv and up to now no crashes, just hope it continues.

Thanks for reply, i have done a bit of searching around and many like openPli for iptv, so iv'e started from scratch with openPli image, sorted the iptv and up to now no crashes, just hope it continues.
Nice to hear mate I've only ever used open Vix image but keeping the software updated prevents problems the box crashing can be a number of things like the skin you use

Back