IPTV Problems on mag box 256

laserguy100

Hi
I'm experiencing a lot of buffering, and portal load problems on two separate suppliers.
I've been in touch with my broadband provider & they have told me my line is working fine. I am hard wired to my router with TP LINK Ethernet..it works OK for a while, but buffers a great deal..rebooting my router and Homelinks only temporarily solve the issue..
Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Can you not try without the tp-links connected and have ethanet straight from router.
If doing it on 2 suppliers then it’s either your setup or your mag box

I have thrown out the long ethernet cable, so can not test this way. One supplier is worst than the other. Seems to be stable right now, I will have to look at the firestick route, so I can load a VPN on it.
My broadband speed is around 70mbs download/20 Mbs upload.
Thanks kindly

I have thrown out the long ethernet cable, so can not test this way. One supplier is worst than the other. Seems to be stable right now, I will have to look at the firestick route, so I can load a VPN on it.
Thanks kindly
Just because you pay for 70mbps doesn't mean that's what your box is getting, with alot of the factors such as distance, the quality of homeplugs, the router it's being connected too etc
Did you do a speed test?

Just because you pay for 70mbps doesn't mean that's what your box is getting, with alot of the factors such as distance, the quality of homeplugs, the router it's being connected too etc
Did you do a speed test?
Hi
Within the inner portal speed test I'm 14mbs
Not great, but picture is stable, I will hook the homeplug to a laptop and test from there..failing that..I will get a 5 metre ethernet cable...cheers

Thanks kindly
Clone your mag mac to stb emu & test .. however u’ll need stick:

14mbps isn't great for fhd, does it do the same on sd channels?
It just about manages ok, sometimes the box locks up..pressing a different channel doesn't work..I've only noticed the problem the last few days...I don't believe what my isp tell me about speed..they advise me to use their own app..which is always biased of course! I shall connect the output of the homeplug and try to assess a true speed by taking 3 separate readings, and working out an average. Sly are full of BS.
Cheers I appreciate your help 👍.

Back