Satellite IPTV recording: gstreamer or exteplayer3???

Burroughs70

Good afternoon, guys!
I'm trying to setup my Zgemma H7S with OpenATV 6.4 in order to watch and, most of all, record iptv streams.
My first test is with an IPTV list (m3u file) that is publicly available on Pastebin.
So far I've been able to convert it into a bouquet, load the EPG and the picons and, just to give it a try, I've done the same using Xtream editor.
Ok, everything works like a charm but when it comes to recording a channel I can only do it using exteplayer3, not gstreamer.
Just to be more clear: I've installed Serviceapp and configured it to use gstreamer as exteplayer is not able to play some channels.
Is there a way to fix this issue, maybe some parameters that must be setup regarding exteplayer3???
In a nutshell: with gstreamer playback is perfect but I cannot record, with exteplayer3 I can record but sometimes playback is faulty.

I think its just serviceapp bud. try setting it to default and then try record. or just disable service app if possible? I can't remember as I deleted it & don't use it anymore and my records.

hope this helps (y)

Good afternoon, guys!
I'm trying to setup my Zgemma H7S with OpenATV 6.4 in order to watch and, most of all, record iptv streams.
My first test is with an IPTV list (m3u file) that is publicly available on Pastebin.
So far I've been able to convert it into a bouquet, load the EPG and the picons and, just to give it a try, I've done the same using Xtream editor.
Ok, everything works like a charm but when it comes to recording a channel I can only do it using exteplayer3, not gstreamer.
Just to be more clear: I've installed Serviceapp and configured it to use gstreamer as exteplayer is not able to play some channels.
Is there a way to fix this issue, maybe some parameters that must be setup regarding exteplayer3???
In a nutshell: with gstreamer playback is perfect but I cannot record, with exteplayer3 I can record but sometimes playback is faulty.
You need multiroom to be able to record 1 channel and view another on a single connection will either freeze or just lock the box up

You need multiroom to be able to record 1 channel and view another on a single connection will either freeze or just lock the box up
Thanks, guys, as always.
I've seen similar answers in some other posts here in Techkings (sorry as this issue is not new at all), but... well, what do you mean when you speak about multiroom???
Usually (it's just a test), I record the channel I'm watching at that moment.

multiroom is irrelevant if using publically available m3u but the server could well be restricting you to one connection, to watch one iptv feed and record another feed requires 2 connections. If you pay for iptv sub then this is called multi room.

multiroom is irrelevant if using publically available m3u but the server could well be restricting you to one connection, to watch one iptv feed and record another feed requires 2 connections. If you pay for iptv sub then this is called multi room.
Thank you, grog68, quite clear.
Well, I don't think this is the problem, it must be something regarding exteplayer3 messing the whole thing or, more simply, being unable to play some streams in the right way.

Back