IPTV recordings keep stopping?

jazz

I am trying to record from an IPTV stream on to a Mutant HD51 (Enigma) and I am having a few problems. The iptv service uses a xtreamtv plugin and the problem is the recording just stops for no reason, it seems worse for full HD recordings when the recording time is shorter.
When I am trying to make a recording I put the receiver on the channel that I want and hit the record button, the screen goes black (which is expected) and I put the receive into standby and the receiver is still recording but then stops for no reason, sometimes it's 1 hr and sometimes it's longer.
Any idea what's going on?

Have you multiroom sub you would have been better off getting username and password and using Jedi or m3u and use suls or xtream editor as moshibeth says mention to your provider see if he has insight to problem or ask to be changed to username and password

iptv is a new beast and it different from sat or cable
when the stream stops its stops there is no information there at all

i would have two boxes with different providers
put one box away and doesnt need a tv, put the drive on the network and use it for recording

its takes very little to drop the stream, the less you mess with your box the better. alot of boxes are 10mb speed it doesnt take much to use that up

No issue at all here recording, i have 3 lines running on enigma2. I can record 2 channels and watch a third. Once recording begins the channel will lock up, although it locks up it will record. At that stage you just use another provider in your bouquets and watch that while others are recording.
If you only have one line you can not record and watch another.

As mentioned above ask provider why the recordings stop after a period of time.... even though you have not changed the channel.

No issue at all here recording, i have 3 lines running on enigma2. I can record 2 channels and watch a third. Once recording begins the channel will lock up, although it locks up it will record. At that stage you just use another provider in your bouquets and watch that while others are recording.
If you only have one line you can not record and watch another.

As mentioned above ask provider why the recordings stop after a period of time.... even though you have not changed the channel.
I'm guessing it's xtreamtv or you use jedi like me mate

I'm on 4.16 still but new one out now
There has been a few bugs on new updates. (v5.13)
Had error:
Code:
#SERVICE 4097:0:1:02ae:1***:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//*******.com:8000/live/00:15:C0:**:66:**/00:15:**:37:**:EA/7884.ts:5 USA
It has been fixed, but i find (V4.19) best and no need to update.

I contacted my provider and they informed me that recordings are set to a maximum of 3 hrs per stream. I will look into a new provider with username/password option.

Back