IPTV - Sky Channels

gaz82

My IPTV provider says they get all their Sky channels directly from satellite. There’s no watermarks on the channels to show they are using a Sky Go stream (the square box in the corner) so it seems legit.

How are they doing this? I thought HD channels no longer work on card sharing lines? Or are there now ways but not common knowledge? Or are they basically using an official sky box just streaming the HDMI output??

Not looking for any “trade secrets”, I was just interested to know if there is a way to get the sky channels off satellite now and if there’s possibly a way back for card sharing in the future.!

Not looking for any “trade secrets”, I was just interested to know if there is a way to get the sky channels off satellite now and if there’s possibly a way back for card sharing in the future.!
Ye no chance of sky UK being hacked again and coming back.

IPTV is too big now and too much money invested in it so that's another reason why card sharing won't be back.

I think the two are totally separate.

Card sharing allows anyone connected to the server to get the sky signal direct from sky and decode it on their own box

IPTV is relaying the Sky broadcast over the internet

I can't see any indication that card sharing is going to come back any time soon, it's been tried in the past 12 months and failed

Ye no chance of sky UK being hacked again and coming back.

I guess you’ve answered my question then, if Sky UK can’t be hacked then the only way IPTV suppliers can be getting the signal off satellite is via an official box and the HDMI.

I guess you’ve answered my question then, if Sky UK can’t be hacked then the only way IPTV suppliers can be getting the signal off satellite is via an official box and the HDMI.
If you want card sharing then point your dish at 19.2 e , it has full sky germany and spainish sat and austrian , most of the channels are in english except sports , mainlyt the footy but you can turn on stadium noise only, the golf the other day on sky germany was english same as the tennis on eurosports.

Back