IPTV Sky-ish channel numbering

claktv

Hi there.

I've been bouncing around providers for many years now and there's one thing none of them seem to get right. I'm very particular when it comes to numbering and I cannot be bothered with 12 BBC One channels next to each other, then FHD HD SD, so on. My current provider does this right - practically mirrors the Sly lineup with SD versions repeated in their own bouquet, however they've not been the best lately.

I know it's against the rules to ask for suppliers here, I've been here since 2016. But that's not what I'm asking (and the mods don't seem to understand this). What I would like to know is if there ARE any providers who offer proper channel numbering. I'm not looking for their names, only if indeed they do exist. Yes or no.

And yes I know I can edit the playlist/mapping of any service using bouquet editors and other tools. I just don't understand how server owners can't get this right. Asked in the request thread several times before.

Many thanks

Florian

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 17.29.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 17.29.17.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
its up to provider to sort that mate, but to be honest most people have just got to the new way of working as i like to call it

I see, just can't get used to BBC 1 being channel 704 and then having 10 of the same channel below, then 6 BBC 2 and 6 Sly Ones with FHD HD BAK MAIN FLEPHEP (don't even know what the last one means). And don't get me started about the wrong logos. You see, I'm a graphic designer by trade and it interferes with this ha ha.

The way all the ones I've tried (except my main one which has turned to crap) work are:
101 - BBC 1 FHD
102 - BBC 1 HD
103 - BBC 1 (main)
104 - BBC 1 SD
105 - BBC 1 Flephep (50)
106 - BBC One Scotland
107 - BBC 2 ... so on. By the time they get to movies, the numbers are in the thousands.

I have freeview on the same box, so it's hard having proper numbers for that and not IPTV. I would just accept that's the way things are if it wasn't for the fact my old provider did this fine and I see screenshots on here all the time with correct numbering on E2.

Last edited:
i've really never understood this as being an issue.

if i have a channel i watch regularly on iptv i add it as a favourite.

im pretty sure i wouldnt be able to remember all the channel numbers of every channel i watch anyway.

Doesn't work like that for me. There's an order for a reason. If I ask anyone in my house to put on channel 503, they all know what I'm talking about. It's more about the channel order and not having 5 of each one next to each other over the actual numbering.

Doesn't work like that for me. There's an order for a reason. If I ask anyone in my house to put on channel 503, they all know what I'm talking about. It's more about the channel order and not having 5 of each one next to each other over the actual numbering.
I get that if its what you are used to.What device are you using ??

Zgemma H9S and mag boxes. As I say, I wouldn't be whinging if I knew no provider did things this way. Which obviously some do as my old one was great.

You have alternatives for a reason, some devices/networks can't handle FHD streams especially if over 50fps plus if BBC1 HD has issues you can switch to SD or FHD till it's fixed.

If you only had the 1 or 2 versions and those channels had issues you would be searching everywhere for the alternative version.

Besides you have freeview on the same box so the numbers will be out as you've set freeview first with correct numbers then iptv is in the last set of bouquets.

You can use CustomMix to add iptv streams to replace dead sat/cable channels Can anyone else confirm that we've lost some MTV channels (not all) on satellite?

The above link to CustomMix is old so probably best starting from scratch.

I've got it set so that freeview works as normal and then iptv starts at 1101, 1102 etc. With my current provider, the layout is perfect with the alternatives and back ups in a separate bouquet. It's just that the channels themselves are not too good and I can't find another provider that works the same. I could of course edit everything myself, but I don't fancy having to mess around with things every time there's a new channel launched or closed. If there's no other providers using sly or Vermin layout by default, then so be it.

Back